Craig Ramage

Hongdo

Bloomfield and Davies was an awful pairing. Bloomfield didn't know how to describe the action and got flustered every time there was a goal. Davies has still got splinters up his arse from all the fences he sat on.

These two are not the best commentators but they're the most passionate and entertaining ones we've had for a long while.

I thought Fletcher and McMinn were a good combination. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramage is a passionate fan, and he lets that blind him to the truth sometimes. He's no different to any other Derby fan in the stands, shouting "That Dawkins is ******' *****, gerrim off!!"

He needs to remember that his job is to tell the listeners what is happening, with only a small amount of Derby bias. Sometimes, he'll say something and when I hear it I have to think "He just sounds wound up, I'll wait and see it for myself on FL show later". And sure enough, sometimes he'll exaggerate how good or bad something a player does is in the heat of the moment.

I understand he's a passionate fan, and that's good to listen to, but sometimes the passion makes him forget that he's a media presence commentating on the radio, and he's not stood with the rest of us in the South Stand. Remember where you are and what your job is Craig.

I like Ramage I like BrADLEY in the studio and on phone ins.

Its just dawes I cant stand.

Think hes awful, hasnt a clue.

When he doesnt agree with something his moany childlike exclamations i cant stand.

His Kieron lee puns were bang out of order and didnt belong on a BBC broadcast of any kind. You would never get a TV presenter saying that, and if they did they would be sacked instantly

I knew the " young Craig " from back in the day when he'd just broken into the first team as I worked in a pub in Alvaston ( he lived nearby apparently ), and I developed a bit of a loathing for him I must say.

He used to come in sporting a Lamahl-esque ( young fans ask your mum or dad! ) blonde mullet and act the big " I am ". Didn't really follow his progress after he left although I think he was at Watford for a good while and was a bit of a journeyman pro.

I've been exiled in Manchester for the last 20 years or so, so imagine my surprise when this " prima donna" rocked up on my radar again as Radio Derby co-commentator - rough, ready and totally unrecognisable as the young cocky person I'd previously known.

He's even got a broad Alvaston accent unaffected by his professional travelling career. I have to give him credit and say he's fabulous! He certainly hasn't done any media training, or if he has it thankfully doesn't show.

In this modern media age of punditry, safe, dull, uninsightful commentary, where one's name counts more than one's insight, trawling out cliches and safe boring platitudes, he's a breath of fresh air. Raw, rough, untrained but an antidote to the sanitised drivel we're normally fed.

I love his passion, blustering malaprops and amateurish enthusiasm. If I wanted BBC clipped tones analysis I'd go elsewhere.. but here's the clue... He's on radio DERBY!  You know the one - where we, the deluded passionate faithful want to hear people enthuse like we do!

You can continue to mispronounce, stumble and comment in an untrained way for me mate, because you are truly a fan and it shows. He's not without professional insight either, as when as we all know St Chris Martin goes down "rather easy" he jumps up with delight saying  he would've done the same. We all KNOW it- It's great when our team are awarded a penalty in those circumstances "playing the game" - of course it's dreadful when the shoe is on the other foot, but that's football.

I'm sick of sanitised football commentary, and bless you Craig, I take back all I've  ever thought of you. You're a fabulous, raw, passionate commentator. Don't take any BBC courses, you're OUR commentator. Not since the days of the mercurial Graham Richards have I enjoyed Derby commentaries so much.

I knew the " young Craig " from back in the day when he'd just broken into the first team as I worked in a pub in Alvaston ( he lived nearby apparently ), and I developed a bit of a loathing for him I must say.

He used to come in sporting a Lamahl-esque ( young fans ask your mum or dad! ) blonde mullet and act the big " I am ". Didn't really follow his progress after he left although I think he was at Watford for a good while and was a bit of a journeyman pro.

I've been exiled in Manchester for the last 20 years or so, so imagine my surprise when this " prima donna" rocked up on my radar again as Radio Derby co-commentator - rough, ready and totally unrecognisable as the young cocky person I'd prevoiusly known.

He's even got a broad Alvaston accent unaffected by his professional travelling career. I have to give him credit and say he's fabulous! He certainly hasn't done any media training, or if he has it thankfully doesn't show.

In this modern media age of punditry, safe, dull, uninsightful commentary, where one's name counts more than one's insight, trawling out cliches and safe boring platitudes, he's a breath of fresh air. Raw, rough, untrained but an antidote to the sanitised drivel we're normally fed.

I love his passion, blustering malaprops and amateurish enthusiasm. If I wanted BBC clipped tones analysis I'd go elsewhere.. but here's the clue... He's on radio DERBY! You know the one - where we, the deluded passionate faithful want to hear people enthuse like we do!

You can continue to mispronounce, stumble and comment in an untrained way for me mate, because you are truly a fan and it shows. He's not without professional insight either, as when as we all know St Chris Martin goes down "rather easy" he jumps up with delight saying he would've done the same. We all KNOW it- It's great when our team are awarded a penalty in those circumstances "playing the game" - of course it's dreadful when the shoe is on the other foot, but that's football.

I'm sick of sanitised football commentary, and bless you Craig, I take back all I've ever thought of you. You're a fabulous, raw, passionate commentator. Don't take any BBC courses, you're OUR commentator. Not since the days of the mercurial Graham Richards have I enjoyed Derby commentaries so much.

Loved that :)

I've been exiled in Manchester for the last 20 years or so, so imagine my surprise when this " prima donna" rocked up on my radar again as Radio Derby co-commentator - rough, ready and totally unrecognisable as the young cocky person I'd previously known.

I love his passion, blustering malaprops and amateurish enthusiasm. If I wanted BBC clipped tones analysis I'd go elsewhere.. but here's the clue... He's on radio DERBY!  You know the one - where we, the deluded passionate faithful want to hear people enthuse like we do!

You can continue to mispronounce, stumble and comment in an untrained way for me mate, because you are truly a fan and it shows. He's not without professional insight either, as when as we all know St Chris Martin goes down "rather easy" he jumps up with delight saying  he would've done the same. We all KNOW it- It's great when our team are awarded a penalty in those circumstances "playing the game" - of course it's dreadful when the shoe is on the other foot, but that's football.

I'm sick of sanitised football commentary, and bless you Craig, I take back all I've  ever thought of you. You're a fabulous, raw, passionate commentator. Don't take any BBC courses, you're OUR commentator. Not since the days of the mercurial Graham Richards have I enjoyed Derby commentaries so much.

Loved that :)

+1. Perfectly captures why I still listen to them on the rare occasions when I have the choice of the sanitised TV broadcast. Despite the confusing delay.

Close thread.

He's said it all.

......and has a great avatar.

Living in Spain I have to listen to these guys rather a lot,Okay they give it as it is,albeit with a lot of bias,but I do wish that Ramage didn't shout so much when there really is no need and can someone tell the clod that there is a T in Mar-in?

Here endeth the sermon from the mount. Agree 110% (ramaism)

He's said it all. We love them for what they are and the way they spark each other off.  Do we really care about the bias?  No. And they do give credit to the other side if we can't get the ball, get round their defence, etc.   but when we are flying they fly with us...and we all bounce up and down on our settees as well as in the ground  -   or hide behind a cushion.   

Archived