Craig Ramage

Hongdo

He moans all the time like that whining sod next to him. Ramage IS that moaning Derby fan that sits behind us all.

I'd rather listen to radio 1.

They're both erratic. They contradict themselves constantly. Right now they're on about how well we played last season. Last season they were constantly saying "we've not been our best but we've still won"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love him, I think he loves the club and gets as excited as us fans do when something good happens.

Met him in the fan park before we played QPR last season (I was on BBC EMT that night). He's a really friendly bloke with a brilliant character to go with it.

Long may it continue.

Also want to stick up for Ramage - gives us that exciting match day atmosphere. I do think Dawes gives him too much stick verging on a weird kind of bullying, but the combo is indeed very good.

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that - Dawes is actually pretty off hand sometimes

Yep, radio Derby employing two of them

Have you heard how much Ramage and Dawes enthuse about the passing movement "They can't handle us". One could just as easily swing the argument the other way and say they are too enthusiastic, passionate, excited, positive about Derby's play.

Have you heard how much Ramage and Dawes enthuse about the passing movement "They can't handle us". One could just as easily swing the argument the other way and say they are too enthusiastic, passionate, excited, positive about Derby's play.

When we're winning. They're bipolar. Yesterday was no better or worse than any other performance.

Every game (apart from Carlisle) has had periods of scrappy play. Has had periods of fast intricate play.

There been no reason to panic or masturbate. That includes yesterday. They weren't positive against Charlton for the majority of the game and we played some good football. Just Charlton were much better than Fulham.

I watch the full 90 after going to games and they don't fairly reflect the match. 1 opponent shot equals pressure. 10 Derby shots equal poor finishing. All until we are winning then we're awesome (even if we're not like yesterday)

Loads of times last season they were on about winning games without playing that well. We were playing well. They were especially critical of Boro at home and Birmingham away. Two games we bossed entirely.

When we're winning. They're bipolar. Yesterday was no better or worse than any other performance.

Every game (apart from Carlisle) has had periods of scrappy play. Has had periods of fast intricate play.

There been no reason to panic or masturbate. That includes yesterday. They weren't positive against Charlton for the majority of the game and we played some good football. Just Charlton were much better than Fulham.

I watch the full 90 after going to games and they don't fairly reflect the match. 1 opponent shot equals pressure. 10 Derby shots equal poor finishing. All until we are winning then we're awesome (even if we're not like yesterday)

Loads of times last season they were on about winning games without playing that well. We were playing well. They were especially critical of Boro at home and Birmingham away. Two games we bossed entirely.

What I like about them is that they're fans.... And talk like us. Think you'll find that most of us are like how they are at a match.

I was slagging Bryson off yesterday for doing jack then he scored and was going on how brilliant he was then after.... Think if we all had a microphone and listened back to what we said during a match in think we could all be accused of being bipolar!

I love the commentary it's fresh erratic and not structured at all. Also not towing the club line helps.... Hope they stick around for many more years.

As an aside I wish we had Ross Fletcher about as well, he was just as passionate... Glad he's doing well

What I like about them is that they're fans.... And talk like us. Think you'll find that most of us are like how they are at a match.

I was slagging Bryson off yesterday for doing jack then he scored and was going on how brilliant he was then after.... Think if we all had a microphone and listened back to what we said during a match in think we could all be accused of being bipolar!

I love the commentary it's fresh erratic and not structured at all. Also not towing the club line helps.... Hope they stick around for many more years.

As an aside I wish we had Ross Fletcher about as well, he was just as passionate... Glad he's doing well

Moments before Jamie ward scored he put in an awful cross and I said he's got his goals for the season, we'll not see him do anything now.

I agree with you. It's exactly like putting a microphone next to one of us. You're spot on. But if you're relying on them for a fair report of what's happening then you don't get one.

I think he's a bit of a lump. Journalism and commentary is a professional business. He's not professional. Neither of them are and neither would get a job with a national station.Their commentary is too one-sided and so if I'm not there, I don't get an impression of how good the opposition might be.

I'd prefer someone who has managed and so is more balanced. get Roy Mac in.

They are both really easy to listen to. I like them and think they are better than we've had in years.

Football is all about emotions, you're up and bouncing then you're chewing your finger nails, then you're wondering why you bother, and suddenly you're bouncing again.

When you can't get to a match you want to listen to that kind of emotion on the radio, not a dialogue of plain text like it's being read off an A4 script.

I wouldn't ever want to go back to Ian Hall's soporific whining or Roger Davies and that monotone drawl.

I enjoy radio commentary again when I don't go to the ipro and long may it stay that way!

Archived