Malky Mackay and Iain Moody 'sexist, racist and homophobic' text messages

Gary Teale

This would probably upset the mods but it's here for those nosey enough to need to know what was said.

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

On football agent Phil Smith

'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'

On an official of another club

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'

On a list of potential signings

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

On a player's female agent

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to Jail" square)

Sent to members of Cardiff's staff

You couldn't make this whole saga up. Has Vincent Tan suddenly become a hero by exposing a well regarded manager as a racist homophobe just before he was about to re-gain employment?

It shows again that managers from humble backgrounds are no match for billionaire owners. There is a reason why Tan is a successful businessmen. I knew something was fishy when Malky cancelled his legal action against Tan and made an apology, he must have been tipped off by an inside source that they had dug some dirt.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got to imagine what he was thinking, when he pays out quite a lot of money on transfers for Cardiff Football Club, and then he reads these racist text messages and puts it down to isolated incidents. But then the media give it the whole "Boo! Foreign owners! Can't trust foreigners!" rubbish and side with the racists (although of course, nobody knew it at the time).

I'd have been tempted to say "Sod it, I'm going home. Clearly everyone here hates foreigners" if I were him. I wouldn't blame him either.

Of course, he has made some questionable decisions at Cardiff that make him a clueless, arrogant owner. But I'll side with clueless and arrogant over some of the scummy behaviour of Mackay and Moody.

It's not a case of either or. Moody and Malky being exposed as a pair of tits in no way vindicates Tan. He's made plenty of stupid and pig headed decisions that are entirely unrelated to Mackay and Moody. If I were a Cardiff fan I'd still be wishing he would sod off.

Racism has no place in sport.I will be honest and say I have used some of the terms he has when discussing people and I am mad at myself for doing so and do not do so anymore.If you do not like someone that is your business,but no reason throwing out racial slurs willy-nilly.

It is amazing and frankly incredible that the LMA have actually defended him!

They have completely undermined the kick it out campaign and themselves.

As Owen Bradley tweeted, they might as well have added in the statement that some of their friends were gay snakes too.

And so it starts....MALKY, My Text Shame and other damage limitation tosh. 

It might have been more believable if he confessed to "his shame" a couple of months ago before the press were on his case. I think the only thing MacKay is sorry about is that this whole business has become public knowledge.

As for the LMA, they appear to be defending the indefensible and have lost all credibility for me. 

I never trusted the pair of them when they bought our Brayford then never even put him on the bench. What was going on there.

I loved the argument about 'letting off stream'. That excuse might make sense if they had gone out and got lashed and got into a spot of bother.

Maybe their texts are deeply satirical and are actually racist spoofs that laugh at the mindset of football people. A more extreme version of Al Murray. Highly unlikely but you never know.

It's nice to see the Daily Mail fighting the good fight though. Makes a change from their usual stories that objectify women, insult gays and despise foreigners.

So essentially, nobody is remotely concerned that Mackay is being punished for text messages sent in private? Presumably Steve Coogan and his Hacked Off chums are alright with this one then?

I'm sorry, but I don't think the proportionate response to a few text messages is to ruin someone's career. Otherwise, where does it stop? It starts with this kind of thing and ends with people being sacked simply for hurting people's feelings.  This is a very dangerous road to go down.

So essentially, nobody is remotely concerned that Mackay is being punished for text messages sent in private? Presumably Steve Coogan and his Hacked Off chums are alright with this one then?

I'm sorry, but I don't think the proportionate response to a few text messages is to ruin someone's career. Otherwise, where does it stop? It starts with this kind of thing and ends with people being sacked simply for hurting people's feelings. This is a very dangerous road to go down.

But in this case it seems like the texts have been discovered legally during the course of another investigation.

If you're investigating someone for money laundering, but find a bunch of emails about a buried body, you don't just ignore it.

If he's guilty or not if the fraud, he obviously did something to draw attention to himself, and in that situation, you've got to know you're going to be under scrutiny.

The texts reveal a mindset that is not welcome in football or modern society. Once the texts are discovered, they have to be acted on.

Meanwhile, the fraud investigation is still there.

But in this case it seems like the texts have been discovered legally during the course of another investigation.

If you're investigating someone for money laundering, but find a bunch of emails about a buried body, you don't just ignore it.

If he's guilty or not if the fraud, he obviously did something to draw attention to himself, and in that situation, you've got to know you're going to be under scrutiny.

The texts reveal a mindset that is not welcome in football or modern society. Once the texts are discovered, they have to be acted on.

Meanwhile, the fraud investigation is still there.

A buried body would be illegal. However vile the text messages happen to be, have they broken any law?

ie is it illegal to send bigotted messages to another bigot?

I'm looking at those text messages and thinking only a couple stand out for being naughty, I mean come on, who hasn't cracked a Chinese eating dog joke before, bouncing on her falsies, that's just man talk as well as calling someone gay.

I guess I'm racist, homophobic and sexist as well.

"Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering."

"A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to Jail" square)"

Are naughty but these were sent in private, I don't see how the FA can punish them when they have just said they will not take action against Scudermore for those emails as they were private.

The fraud case is the big one, if they get found guilty of that no club will touch them even if the FA don't impose a long ban.

I'm sorry, but I don't think the proportionate response to a few text messages is to ruin someone's career. Otherwise, where does it stop? It starts with this kind of thing and ends with people being sacked simply for hurting people's feelings.  This is a very dangerous road to go down.

Regardless of public or private domain the views expressed are prehistoric and the pair deserve everything they get and more. 

The alleged fraud is far more important than the texts imo.

The texts and emails between two blokes would never have been made public without the fraud investigation. 

I can't help but think that the people who run the game are far more happy to investigate dodgy texts than they are to expose financial wrongdoing.

Since the texts were found as part of another investigation, they should just have been disregarded if not relevant to the fraud case?. Presumably someone at the police leaked them to the club or the press.

I'm torn on this one between being glad that the two of them have been found out, yet on the other side wondering what constitutes private opinions these days?. Are the thought police on their way?.

Regardless of public or private domain the views expressed are prehistoric and the pair deserve everything they get and more. 

And more? Like what, prison? Who decides what views are "prehistoric"? 70 years ago in Germany thinking that Jews were alright was enough to get you carted away by the Gestapo, so what makes you think that what you regard as correct views will always be regarded as correct?

And more? Like what, prison? Who decides what views are "prehistoric"? 70 years ago in Germany thinking that Jews were alright was enough to get you carted away by the Gestapo, so what makes you think that what you regard as correct views will always be regarded as correct?

This isn't just a random person who isn't affiliated in any way with the person offended. Saying that, I don't think he should get punished further. Losing his job and never getting another one is fine.

As for the alleged fraud, book him Lou.

Archived