Stupid Things You've Overheard at a Game

Srg

My reaction was 'We never score these...'

I thought to myself at the time "he's gonna beat Bamford's v Brighton for height here..."

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brighton playoff second leg.

Blokes behind me are NAILING Will Hughes - "no pace, doesn't get stuck in, namby, never worth tm those millions".

Few minutes later of course he scores that wonder goal.

I turn around and they're head in hands in shame!

Luckily I do forget stupid things pretty fastly but one funny situation I do remember. Or at least I'm remembered.

I went to watch some random second or third division game in Finland and asked guy next to me are there someone good to follow.

"Yeah, check out this guy from Viikingit, Tonton Zola Mokouko. He's handy."

I'm pretty sure this guy remembers my irrational laughter rest of his life...

Luckily I do forget stupid things pretty fastly but one funny situation I do remember. Or at least I'm remembered.

I went to watch some random second or third division game in Finland and asked guy next to me are there someone good to follow.

Googled him to see where he is now, and the majority of the top results are FM/ChampMan legends who never made it IRL  :lol:

Turns out he's in Swedish Division 4.

In the East stand we had a season ticket supporter who must go to half of the games as they kept swapping. He was really old. Thinking he knew it all!

Every game we would prove him wrong I think it was in the promotion season like for e.g Mears your **** you can't defend a minute later would do a brilliant tackle and every one would clap and he would sit there and not say a word!

My dad  always says some one is **** or useless last season it was Hughes before that it was Robinson (Happened a lot) when they would score a goal or do something really good.. Everytime he would eat his words :lol:.

Ironically enough he likes Sammon.. He's always like feed the fish and he'll score guess he must like his work rate as that's all hes good at!

He used to be a beast on that.. I remember signing Ibrahimovic and Kim Kallstrom (This was like season 99/00 I think). They scored for fun when they played for Ajax and Malmo FF I think? God i wish some one from Derby played FM at the time and scouted them as no one really knew them then! 

I can remember beating Shef Weds in a turgid 1-0 scrapathon and the game was so bad that the highlight of it was listening to some p1ss 'ead's response to Weds fan's sheep shagger chants - "I'd rather shag a sheep than an owl!".  It was the one and only time I thought I saw a tumbleweed in the ground.  As the kids would say "shockin' bantz!"

Leeds away last season, keogh produced a good tackle and went on a bit of a run promptly followed by someone trying to start a chant with "keogh for england"

Watford away last year. this bloke with no teeth and his wife were complaining all game about every little thing! When the whole crowd was singing they started singing a completely different song! It was driving me mad, thank god we won!

I didn't think any blokes in Watford had teeth? If they do, what is the Watford Gap?

Bloody hell - you must have heard me (I presume you are in the North Stand?) I nicked it off an old mate back in the 1960's called Malc Heaps and it is one of two quotes I use occasionally against referees in his honour.

"I hope you die" being the first, the other being "May your sons and daughters walk sideways like crabs"

It was indeed the north stand, this is going back to the prem season I was sat directly behind the goal (I made sure to try seats out before buying a season ticket from then onwards)

It was indeed the north stand, this is going back to the prem season I was sat directly behind the goal (I made sure to try seats out before buying a season ticket from then onwards)

Heh, awesome.

I will be signing autographs on Saturday

I can remember beating Shef Weds in a turgid 1-0 scrapathon and the game was so bad that the highlight of it was listening to some p1ss 'ead's response to Weds fan's sheep shagger chants - "I'd rather shag a sheep than an owl!".  It was the one and only time I thought I saw a tumbleweed in the ground.  As the kids would say "shockin' bantz!"

That actually made me larf... Quality Bantz from the pizz head.

The funniest thing I ever hear in grounds at pubs and especially on forums.

" how come they get a Forest/Wembley ticket in front of me? I'm a ST holder and have been to X more games than them. "

I get the urge to hit these people. Hard. More than once. I want to go to every Glastonbury but do I moan when I miss out because of a "newbie" feastival virgin??

Gets my goat those holier than thou uber fans.

Archived