Stupid Things You've Overheard at a Game

Srg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

"Get him off (Martin after he missed his first chance), bloody useless. I'm telling you, one season wonder" - I was a little agitated as it was 1-1 so I politely told him to be quiet. Martin proceeds to score a double and the guy finally shuts up.

I can't even remember the things they used to say but a couple next to me used to moan for 90 minutes about Paul Boartien. I know he couldn't hear what they said but I wanted to pat him on the back and say 'don't you listen to them, they've got it in for you'

Funniest thing I heard was an old guy in front who did the loudest fart ever. The look on his grandson's face was priceless. Grandad's shoulders were shaking with laughter. I still laugh about it now.

Quickly realising that everyone in the South Stand is a knob except me  :ph34r:

No but seriously, people moaning that we were taking the safe passes when we were 1-0 up against Fulham. They can't equalise if they don't have the ball. We don't need to risk losing the ball when we're in a winning position.

But more than anything else, I'm getting annoyed at the people criticising Eustace for no reason. He had a good game and people continued to slag him off all afternoon.

Yeah, we're there too, close to Flagman and the drummer. Whilst I'm enjoying the atmosphere, sadly there seems to be a fair bit of correlation between people who like to stand and sing during the match and people who know nothing about football.

Not quite as bad as the man at Hillsborough who was apoplectic that Will Hughes wasn't taking people on from his last-man defensive midfield position.

Guy behind us every single time we went back to Grant with the ball...

" Oh no not again this is stupid, booooo, go forward "

Every single time we kept possession and worked it down either wing and it led to a chnace.

Sounds like you were near me on Saturday. This is exactly the kind of moaning I'm talking about. Annoying. No need to waste possession when we're in a winning position.

In the South Stand near me there is a lad who still seems to think that the away fans are over to his left. He still keeps getting up and aggressively gesturing over to the SW corner.

Probably AdamRusty trying to spot Germans. Is his aggressive gesturing in the form of a a high straight armed wave?

During the first few seasons at Pride Park this woman in front of me used to constantly berate the referee whenever an opposition player received the ball in an offside position directly from a throw in. She also couldn't pronounce her 'r's so I don't know why she didn't choose to have a go at the linesman.

More racist than stupid, although IMO they often, if not always, go hand-in-hand anyway;

Just after we'd signed Coco there were a couple of old gits in front of us complaining that we'd signed a 'darkie'. Dozy old c**ts, if they'd just waited a month or two then they could have hated him legitimately like the rest of us, for being ****.

More racist than stupid, although IMO they often, if not always, go hand-in-hand anyway;

Just after we'd signed Coco there were a couple of old gits in front of us complaining that we'd signed a 'darkie'. Dozy old c**ts, if they'd just waited a month or two then they could have hated him legitimately like the rest of us, for being ****.

I'm being slow.

Who's Coco?

Archived