Stupid Things You've Overheard at a Game

Srg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheff Weds away.

"Bloody Bamford's been sh*te all game, gerrim off."

Just as he waves his left foot and clips a beauty off the underside of the crossbar.

I heard a bloke behind me say that too.

Yeah my friend told me what that bloke said at Wednesday away that night I was like Bamford please shut him up and bang goal yay :D

It was yonks ago but i used to sit behind a bloke who took a bag of carrots to munch on.

Every now and then he used to turn round and offer us one.

Once he exclaimed 'tell you what......the lawn's looking good'

?

Got this grade A tosspot sat behind me all last season. 

Turned up after kickoff with his mates, slagged the team off (mainly forsyth) regardless of score or performance and was just so condescending when he complemented any derby player. 

Push me to my limits but me dad overheard him talking and it sounded like they might be moving, which is good because another season of him gerrin on me tits would have turned me homocidal. 

Playing Leeds in league cup whilst under the managerial talents of Jewell, we we're say near the Leeds fans when half a dozen or so of lads about 16/17 started singing always look out for Turks carrying knives.... Then promptly s h I tting themselves when some of the Leeds fans try to rush the netting.... They quickly left after that

When we had the Flying Dutchman Nacer Barazite on loan from the Arsenal a few seasons back, a bloke behind me referred to him in the least uncontinental way imaginable for a man with a flowing mane from mainland Europe. Barazite had picked the ball up from the halfway line and weaved through a couple of sliding challenges before unleashing a long range shot from outside the area. Whilst in the middle of this run, hair flowing and demonstrating a footballing verve and swagger not seen in Pride Park since that other European starlet candido costa had lit up the East Midlands, a fat bloke smelling of burger van sweat leans right over and shouts 'GO ON BAZ!!!'

This didn't seem fitting for a player of such grace and I believe contributed to his loss of form and his short lived carrer for the Rams.

Same Bournemouth game............loud mouthed guy and his quieter mate moaning all through the game about Martin falling over. Martin then scores his 19th of the season to which the bloke says. Could have had three today if he stood up. Get him off.

To be fair he was probably right..

Done it once, and only once. Sometimes you have no choice. I've used worse toilets. Namely the ones at Download Festival before they really sorted out a good cleaning team.

I had one at Wembley.

Took a selfie while I was having it as well!

There was a group of about 8 or so Asian guys of all ages who sat in front of us in East Stand who absolutely loved singing "you're just a small town in Asia" when we played Leicester. It was incredible.

Queuing for the Playoff final, a man turned around and asked me and my brother if we knew who would be playing as striker for Derby. We answered him, and then he declared his surprise, as he thought Sammon was the better option and said that we could do with his pace.

.......was this prat wearing a dark blue Ben Sherman Harrington jacket, scoffing an over priced hot dog, and errrmmm have a Lincolnshire accent! :lol:

Slightly off topic in that it isn't an overheard comment, but it still makes me smile thinking about it.

A couple of years before we left the BBG, Me dad, me brother and me moved to the Ley Stand, and the bloke that sat in front of me decided that we were unwanted interlopers because we had taken seats that used to 'belong' to friends of his. Snide comments week in, week out.

Anyway, at one match, I had just lit a fag, when Derby scored. Everyone jumps up, clap, clap, cheer, cheer etc etc. When we sat down a minute or so later, I went to take a drag on me fag only to find the end had been knocked off in the celebrations. It was then that I noticed that there was a whisp of smoke coming from the trilby hat of the bloke in front of me.

What should I do? Should I say "Sorry mate, but me fag-ends burning your hat?" Or should I say nowt and wait for it to burn throught to his head?

I said nowt and it went out on it's own, but I got some serious glaring from him the following week.

Best one, Theo Robinson managed to miss control a pass that went straight to his feet, and almost instantly a man shot up behind me and shouted "Theo! You have the same first touch as a rapist!" he stayed standing up and received a round of applause from those who were around him.

'Ugh, don't give it to him. '

As someone passed to Chris Powell in about his 2nd or 3rd game for us. Watford away 1996.

Not daryl powell?

Had the misfortune of sitting near a guy in the South Stand last season. Think it was Bournemouth at home, when we were still pushing for automatics. Kitted out in full Derby gear, head to toe, he just stood their moaning, commentating and ranting to himself for the entire 90 minutes, even after Martin's free kick. Can understand why the kid next to him had headphones in. 

Archived