Stupid Things You've Overheard at a Game

Srg

The bloke in front of me spent the rest of the season claiming it was obviously proof that we had no intention of going up if we were prepared to offer half of the season ticket money back if we did. Especially if we weren't doing well.

That said, he's one of those that seems to enjoy seeing us lose so he can moan about it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just waiting for the old guy who had a ST a row in front of us two seasons back to pop up with some horror stories of me and my brothers talking *****. He hated us with a passion and we never really figured out why. Couldn't open my mouth with an opinion without hearing "Don't talk ******" or "piss off". 

I bet he was delighted when we moved into the South Stand, although I was desperately hoping he moved too and ended up in front of us again just because he used to get so wound up with us. Turned up first game of last season and was only disappointed that he wasn't.

We honestly did not do anything for him to get so frustrated at us, he just hated us for no reason  :lol:

Which guy was this? There was the fat bloke with his on/off missus I remember lol

Bloke in front of me, a few seasons ago, shouted "fa'gods sake Derby, speed it up" as a ball was intercepted and went out for our throw in which was taken quickly and we lost it for him to shout "fa'gods sake Derby, slow it down"

Then 2 seasons ago when were playing Huddersfield a bloke behind me was going on about how Sammon was the worst striker he had ever seen for Derby. I turned round and said really the worst EVER? He isn't the worst on the pitch to play for Derby (Vaughan and Robinson were both on the pitch at the time)

Yeovil away last season and playing great football but it's still nil nil. This bloke behind the goal was slagging Derby off. Lo and behold we score two great goals in five minutes. Loads of fans start slagging Derby off ironically. Said bloke never said another word.

Directed at the referee "I hope your children walk sideways like a crab"

Bloody hell - you must have heard me (I presume you are in the North Stand?) I nicked it off an old mate back in the 1960's called Malc Heaps and it is one of two quotes I use occasionally against referees in his honour.

"I hope you die" being the first, the other being "May your sons and daughters walk sideways like crabs"

Bloody hell - you must have heard me (I presume you are in the North Stand?) I nicked it off an old mate back in the 1960's called Malc Heaps and it is one of two quotes I use occasionally against referees in his honour.

"I hope you die" being the first, the other being "May your sons and daughters walk sideways like crabs"

I prefer 'even your mother thinks you're ****'

There's a girl who sits behind me and my mate in the NE corner and spends the whole game complaining about the fans moaning, and nit-picking everything my mate and I say about the match.  It's infuriating.  I lost my rag after one comment last season and turned around to have a go at her.

Strange thing is, for all the whining she does about our 'crap' fans, I've never heard her join in a song.

Oh God where do i begin.

At Burton in the pre season friendly, I saw two of the most inbred father son combo you'll ever see, just miserable, aggressive and sarcastic at every opportunity.  They decided that the fans to the left (derby fans) was Burton fans and shouted "******* *****" to them for most of the game. 

Later they pointed their aggression to some of our pissed up fans, suggesting they "are coked up" & "must be from Belper" and then spent the rest of the game saying how he was going to hit him because he's small.

He then called Forsyth a "******* idiot" for clearing the ball and Keogh a "disgrace to the club"

The most annoying part was his son (must of been in his 20's), repeating everything his father said and looking to him at every opportunity for encouragement. Like a dog.

Derby 2-1 Barnsley last season!

*Jeff Hendrick gets the ball outside the box*

Me - "Have a crack lad!!!"

*Hendrick misses"

*Later on in the game Hendrick shapes up to shoot after Brysons beautiful lay off*

Me - "Shooooooooooot!"

Guy behind - "Don't shoot you #W@t! Pass!"

*Hendrick lets fly a beautiful long range effort"

"Later on in the game Russels shapes up to shoot"

Guy behind - "Pass the #@$ckin` ball!!!"

*Russels scores a beauty*

Need less to say I was pretty amused at this guy, especially when other fans started taking the P out of him!

Archived