Stupid Things You've Overheard at a Game

Srg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not stupid, but amusing.

1977, UEFA Cup match v Finn Harps.

A little old guy (flat cap, the lot) just before half time asked me the score.

"It's 9-0 to Derby" I replied.

"Bugger me, I've just been for a **** and missed five goals" he exclaimed.

Queuing for the Playoff final, a man turned around and asked me and my brother if we knew who would be playing as striker for Derby. We answered him, and then he declared his surprise, as he thought Sammon was the better option and said that we could do with his pace.

Hard to beat this

Haha that's pretty special.

I'm just amazed he needed the toilet enough to sit down on one in a football ground.

Done it once, and only once. Sometimes you have no choice. I've used worse toilets. Namely the ones at Download Festival before they really sorted out a good cleaning team.

Me and my dad often joke about how Jake Buxton is basically just your average joe who should probably be a bricklayer rather than a footballer - we often refer to him as Bob

When he scored the winner against Forest a couple of years ago a bloke a couple of rows in front start singing the Bob the Builder theme tune.

I'm just waiting for the old guy who had a ST a row in front of us two seasons back to pop up with some horror stories of me and my brothers talking *****. He hated us with a passion and we never really figured out why. Couldn't open my mouth with an opinion without hearing "Don't talk ******" or "piss off". 

I bet he was delighted when we moved into the South Stand, although I was desperately hoping he moved too and ended up in front of us again just because he used to get so wound up with us. Turned up first game of last season and was only disappointed that he wasn't.

We honestly did not do anything for him to get so frustrated at us, he just hated us for no reason  :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday Tombo, and believe me I have reasons

Well played. But it's before I joined the forum. Maybe he saw me posting on 606 back when that was a thing but we all talked ***** back on there. It was an entry requirement  :lol:

Nah mate, I knew it was from a couple of seasons back, you stated it clearly enough, I was only kidding, thanks for taking it in the spirit it was meant. "http://mindromp.org/forum/images/smilies/thumbs_up_smiley" alt="thumbs_up_smiley">

Plenty of rubbish knocking around but top of head from last season..."BLOODY HELL! Dont let that lazy pillock take it." As Chris Martin placed the ball vs Bournemouth at home...

Haha that's pretty special.

I'm just amazed he needed the toilet enough to sit down on one in a football ground.

Bogs behind the pop side had only been built a year or two, so they weren't totally wrecked and rank like those at the Normanton end.

Is it because I, along with others, invaded your "introduction" thread to turn it into the first weekly quiz?

Don't give me the "along with others" ******. Now how many times have I got to tell you and your annoying brothers to pi$$ off

Can't say i've heard anything stupid for a long time.

Thats the beauty of West Stand.

No-one says anything.

Ever.

Not even hello.

Mind you i've heard some pretty heavy tutting.

Overheard few times from that stalker who said that deaf lad who shouldn't belong to hearing world then someone told him to f*ck off yo idiot and leave derby fan alone. I turned around and said to him I know what you said about me I got digital hearing you stalker ******* then he left the game. What is wrong with these people? Leave it out and enjoy the game ffs :lol: Oh and someone said Sammon will be our top scorer I was like :lol:

Archived