Alefe Santos

Antonedcfc

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we already have quality in Lee Naylor and Zak Whitbread. Development team as a priority now.

My god you've turned snatching a player from the grasps of a premier. League team and a team who will be in the champs league next season from a brilliant piece of business to a board out campaign. Lighten up

Another "development" player who will never play for the first team. Third pointless signing of the summer after Mitchell and Bunjaku. 

We were pretty lucky with injuries last season. Way to write these kids off before having a proper look at them. Even if they don't make it into the first team, who's to say we don't loan them out and make a bit of cash?

Ironic that you have such complaints about the developers, when your display pic is Will Hughes...  :rolleyes:

It was my point. Is this Benik Alofe better than Mason Bennett? Is Mitchell drastically better than Morch, Etheridge or Behrens? Is that Bunjaku miles better than Max Lowe or Callum Guy. I think not. Why bother to sign them if they to be released in a 2 years time. Waste.  

And how would you know whether they are not 

a) currently better

or

b) going to develop to become better?

Are you a world-renowned coach, scout or troll?

My strong bet i will never do.

What about those clowns from Barcelona, wasting their time on a young kid from Newell's Old Boys??

Glad we didn't waste our time and resources on that Messi - we'd only have to have released him two years later.

The whole point of a DEVELOPMENT squad is to pick up a group of players that you'd hope will benefit from working in our squad and hopefully some may grasp their chance when offered it.

Will Hughes, Jeff Hendrick and the likes took their chance.  Many others won't, but to not try and build cheap first team players is idiotic and short termist at best.

Yeah, we already have quality in Lee Naylor and Zak Whitbread. Development team as a priority now.

Blimey get a grip pal and lighten up. Even if one of these players turns into anything like Will Hughes it will immediately pay off. I doubt their wages or OTT anyway. #inmacwetrust

It was my point. Is this Benik Alofe better than Mason Bennett? Is Mitchell drastically better than Morch, Etheridge or Behrens? Is that Bunjaku miles better than Max Lowe or Callum Guy. I think not. Why bother to sign them if they to be released in a 2 years time. Waste.  

But you dont know that? You are being too pessimistic, be happy that the team you support actually offers opportunities for young players and helps them develop unlike a lot of teams that throw silly money at someone who is "proven"

Yeah, spot on! We have a great record of players broke to the first team from develpment squad. Hoganson, Naylor, Pringle, Prijovic. Gjokaj and many other ****.

Hughes

Hendrick

Obrien

Bennett

Ball

How many do you want????

From someone claiming to know him..

I feel like, with him about to join Hull City, I should let you people know a little bit about Alefe, or Al as I used to call him.

Al joined the Rovers academy when I was just a youngster, and he played in my age group right the way up until U16s, when I was released. Al was kept on, and made it all the way to the senior team, and, quite frankly, I'm ecstatic for him.

The thing that people need to understand about Al is that he LOVES football. He's not one of those that plays for money, and shows a lack of interest in winning. He is obsessed with everything to do with the sport. He would play for peanuts if given the chance, because money, to him, is just a bonus. He's all about the game, and he works ridiculously hard every SINGLE day to be the best. His fitness training was more intense than anybody else I knew, because he wants to be the best. He's not content with being average.

What I love about him, though, is that he's also a kind human being as well. He was the friendliest and most compassionate player I knew, and he didn't dish out criticism or insults to his teammates, which is something that even I was a culprit of.

Now, with Al about to join the big leagues, I want people to know that he deserves to be the best, whether he does become so or not. He's taught me a heck of a lot about the game, and I'd love to think that I taught him a thing or two of my own!

I love you Al, and I hope you're a success.

Archived