Ross McCormack

P12tfc

This is my first post, but I have been watching this McCormack saga unfold.

What I find interesting is how can odds just change from 18/1 to 6/4 when theres been no rumours anywhere.

There must be something in it.

Also the Partick fan in the know said that McCormack was in talks with McClaren on Friday.

People quickly pointed out that he is on holiday according to his twitter.

Well he has just tweeted "Quick Break, this drive home to Leeds is dragging" which indicates he is obviously home.

So either its a massive coincidence that he is back the day before PTFC who is in the know has said that he is in talks with McClaren.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do we need another striker when scoring goals isn't the problem. Would Mccormack be able to be as effective as Martin in the formation we play ? Think we just need another copy of Martin to be honest.

No point splashing stupid money on McCormack when we need to strengthen the defence

Why do we need another striker when scoring goals isn't the problem. Would Mccormack be able to be as effective as Martin in the formation we play ? Think we just need another copy of Martin to be honest.

No point splashing stupid money on McCormack when we need to strengthen the defence

If it is McCormack then it might be that we will be playing two up front next season. If we don't sign Thorne and Bryson leaves, then we would still have Hendrick and Hughes with Eustace and Coutts as backup for the CM positions. This would leave a 4-4-2 formation with Russell, Dawkins, Ward and possibly Bennet fighting it out for the wide midfield roles. 

Its a strange signing if its true, but what a coo!!! Just hope it doesn't signal the start of selling spree...

Derby are not going to sign mccormack. Think about it our record signing is 3.5 million, and what, we are going to almost double it for a player when we are in the championship and run the club responsibly for 4 years??? Plus check his stats. He gets injured more than j ward. Move on folks

If it is McCormack then it might be that we will be playing two up front next season. If we don't sign Thorne and Bryson leaves, then we would still have Hendrick and Hughes with Eustace and Coutts as backup for the CM positions. This would leave a 4-4-2 formation with Russell, Dawkins, Ward and possibly Bennet fighting it out for the wide midfield roles. 

Its a strange signing if its true, but what a coo!!! Just hope it doesn't signal the start of selling spree...

Why change to 442 when the formation we play now compliments all the players. It works fine dont think changing the formation for 1 player is a good idea. the players coming in should be players who can fit in to our style of play. Sort out the weakest spot before anything else.

I actually wondered if we'd gone for Harry Kane at Spurs who's more our typical profile signing, being young with potential. There was some talk we were trying to loan him in last season.

Could be a shout but if he does leave Tottenham I'm sure Tim Sherwood will be more than keen to take him to West Brom with him, he loves him.

Because we would destroy teams and gives us the option of plan B. Simple, no need to worry about the defence because the opposition will be picking it from the back of the net most of the time. 

Why change to 442 when the formation we play now compliments all the players. It works fine dont think changing the formation for 1 player is a good idea. the players coming in should be players who can fit in to our style of play. Sort out the weakest spot before anything else.

But does it??

With Thorne gone and seemingly unlilkey to return, and with Eustace older and with more tired legs than last season, who is going to play in that DM role? 

Add the speculation of Bryson departing for pastures new and all of a sudden we've got two CMs in Hendrick and Hughes who could quite easily be a CM pairing in a 4-4-2 formation...

I'm not saying I'd like the change but I wouldn't be surprised to see this happening.

Archived