Ross McCormack

P12tfc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone take the keyboard away from Boycie

I'm glad you took the plunge with that post. It's time somebody injected a bit of sense before it gets our of hand.

I think we will be attracting more players this summer than we would have for a while. All you have to do is look at the variables.

1. We are now a great championship side pushing for promotion. Any player who signs for us will fully well know we have every chance of going up and that when we do that if they signed their wages would increase.

2. Our club is not run like a joke like so many others are. 

3. We have more money to spend (theoretically) than in the past. 

4.Right now the PL's new money is in full swing. Clubs will be all looking to discard players and upgrade. How much they receive is of less concern when their revenue has been boosted by a minimum of £30m a season.  

5.When a big club like Man U requires huge investment the fall out and knock on effect is massive. 

6. It is a World Cup summer. Transfer activity and behavior of clubs is always a little bit crazy. 

Considering this article said Ross was going to be in talks with us on Friday, we'll probably know more as to whether this is true or not at the end of today.

As to where he would play if we did sign him, we'd have two great options

A) Play him wide like Wardy (which McCormack did brilliantly for Leeds

B) Play him behind Martin in a 4-2-3-1

Grant

Wisdom - Keogh - Buxton - Forsyth

Thorne      Hughes

Russell     McCormack     Bryson       <---- All three can inter-change, never sticking to one positon

Martin

Considering this article said Ross was going to be in talks with us on Friday, we'll probably know more as to whether this is true or not at the end of today.

As to where he would play if we did sign him, we'd have two great options

A) Play him wide like Wardy (which McCormack did brilliantly for Leeds

B) Play him behind Martin in a 4-2-3-1

Grant

Wisdom - Keogh - Buxton - Forsyth

Thorne Hughes

Russell McCormack Bryson <---- All three can inter-change, never sticking to one positon

Martin

What article?

I think the good thing about McCormack (not that we've got a snowballs chance in hell of getting him) is that it gives us some sort if plan b option.

He can slot right into our plan A, but he could also fit nicely in a 4-4-2 or whatever as a plan B. And we could do with a plan B.

Who was Leeds main centre forward then, if RM was out wide?

I think the good thing about McCormack (not that we've got a snowballs chance in hell of getting him) is that it gives us some sort if plan b option.

He can slot right into our plan A, but he could also fit nicely in a 4-4-2 or whatever as a plan B. And we could do with a plan B.

Who was Leeds main centre forward then, if RM was out wide?

he was main striker last year

I love that we are being linked with him to be honest but I will only believe it until I see it.

On the Leeds situation though they are in a pretty poor state of affairs I think financially. Have then even bought Elland Road back yet? Anyway Cellino only mate a net of £35mil on Cagliari sale which you put up against the purchase of Leeds probably doesnt leave much breathing space to keep hold of key players or be in a situation to reject sensible bids.

Long time reader, first time poster; Not a Leeds fan (Just thought I'd get that out there).

The news of this transfer (And the GT saga) has got me interested enough to register and throw my hat in the ring. Firstly, why is everyone treating Alan Nixon as god? Alan Nixon gets a lot right however his tweets are full of riddles. He cannot possibly know the incomings and outgoings of every player for every club.

He hinted at a striker in the Chris Martin role who was valued at just over £1m. That could realistically not happen and he could happily say the deal didn't go through for one reason or another without losing face. Over the course of a season more potential transfers don't go through (for one reason or another) than do.

Secondly, many people are saying that RM would not fit into our system. He would slot straight in as a wide right. With Jamie Ward linked to a Prem move (I'm sure he was linked with a Prem move a month or two ago) this could be a possibility. Saying he played upfront as a lone striker last season doesn't mean he can't bend as he spent a lot of time out wide last season. I could see him being used as Bamford was but starting more than coming off the bench.

The only downsides I can see (As in against this transfer going through) are his price tag and the fact that Leeds would be selling to a direct rival. We can afford him, but would likely exceed ffp limits to do so. Could possibly work around that though if paid for in installments.

I also think being close to the Scottish lads in our team might have persuaded him to talk with Derby today.

The financial side I think is possible as Newcastle have denied there bid of 6 million, I think a bid of around 4 million would get him ( maybe 2.5 million with promotion add ons etc)

The player himself would fit straight into our system and I would love to see him at Derby!!

Just a quick point our new investor ( Derby lad Mel?) is it possible for him to help finance any possible move?

Like most people, I can't see this happening, but the situation has been a strange one.

Here's another thing: The Derby Telegraph in recent times have reacted to "outlandish" rumours, usually on the same day they became known, usually denying them. This interest in McCormack hasn't triggered anything thing from them.

Is this another clue?

Where was your mate heading on the train Redcar? Leeds?

Nope... London.

Wassall said they off to the Premier League, to discuss academy status.

If Boro had a £4m bid turned down ages ago... How could we top that?

Ahhhh... We could do what Forest do and say a price and just don't pay.

Archived