Ross McCormack

P12tfc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a little part of me that thinks there could be a little truth - and I'd welcome McCormack.. However, on Skybet Newcastle have recently increased to 4/1, it's probably just the bookies playing around!

In terms of a new Striker I think it could be Chris Wood, he's 6'3", he'll probably be a benchwarmer with new competition at Leicester and he's young. He'd provide the plan B attacking, he wouldn't be as expensive and is younger (22?). He fits the criteria for me!

emailed Skybet football trading (slow day) to see if I could gleen any more info from them relating to the collaspe in price i.e. could they give me non-specific details regarding volume of bets, size of bets placed etc.Obviously didnt expect anything too enlightening back from them.

Sure enough their response was pretty standard, 'during the past 24 hours we have taken a high volume of bets in this market which is now reflected in current pricing....'

Can't we tempt our new Partick Thistle friend to give a little bit more info........ :wub::ph34r:

Just whilst we're playing this Partick Thistle game, I'm very surprised that nobody has picked up on the Alan Nixon link there - 99% sure he's a Thistle fan.......

Not that I believe this rumour or anything but just a point.

People saying we don't have the money, we received about 6mil for ticket sales and food sales at Wembley (nationally reported figure as loser takes all cash for the day)

That would effectively cover the rough cost reported.

As for blowing our budget on one player, we would have extra cash for the Chelsea game and play off semis as well as increased tickets and merchandise from the success of last season, add this extra cash to what we usually spend (rough est at over a mil) that gives us some cash to play with.

Also remember all deals nowadays are including add ons so I doubt a 6mil fee would be up from, likely half of that.

Then take into account that I believe FFP allowance lowers next season and RM will likely want high wages and will use the Newcastle link to negotiate them, our wages would be a major stretch.

My view, we could afford the fee and stay within FFP but his wages would put us out if the bidding.

Archived