Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

Balance sheets don't interest me that much

You can't say that.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water.

Don't you realise that after points on the board, the balance sheet is the single most important numerical register of our success.

If you don't bite your nails worrying about all our emoluments, amortisations, and capitalisations then there is something very very wrong.

Very wrong.

Tut.

Me and the wife discuss little else.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long time reader, first time poster.

Pains me to say it but I can believe the sell on claus is true; like other posters have said if it wasn't true you'd expect the club to come out and say so, they're pretty quick at making statements when we've been incorrectly linked with players.

i would be pretty fed up if my employer decided to discuss the terms of my contract with the outside world.  Might be enough to persuade me to go elsewhere.  Just saying :ph34r:

If it was £750k we'd have accepted offers, against our choice, in January. From the huge queue of clubs outside Moor Farm, willing to drive him to their club in the limousine.  You just don't get goal scoring midfielders for that cheap who are in their prime.

Perhaps the clause just means the player can talk to the bidding club if interested and it might only be Prem clubs

Or it doesn't exist.

Journalists do sometimes get things wrong - although they never will admit it.

If the 750k clause exists and QPR really are interested and matched it then surely we'd have more than one reporter reporting on it.

It's a strange one granted. You could speculate that the dynamics are that if QPR or anyone else offer the fee they still have to convince the player to join them.

Presumably they are offering him terms to go to QPR whilst we are offering him cash to buy out the clause

He signed his latest contract last year. If his buy-out clause was £750k why didn't anyone come in at that price in January?

Also, what are Alan Nixon's former statements that have given him this reputation of being right all the time?

Archived