Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy out clauses to me really do seem the most stupid things invented and especially when they're valued as little as 750k!

It depends if its 750k here you go, or you have to bid at least 750k to talk to the player but you still have to agree a fee with us.

If its the latter we could have an upset player - OR a player who gets a massive deal on the back of the interest from another club (which would make him a happy player)

I think Bryson asked for it as a bargaining tool in his contract negotiations

It depends if its 750k here you go, or you have to bid at least 750k to talk to the player but you still have to agree a fee with us.

If its the latter we could have an upset player - OR a player who gets a massive deal on the back of the interest from another club (which would make him a happy player)

I think Bryson asked for it as a bargaining tool in his contract negotiations

I always thought that was the price of his contract and when that was met he was available for contract negotiations.

Hmm aslong as he stays is all that matters in my opinion haha

It's far from nonsense , bryso wanted to play in the premiership with derby county , what part of that don't you understand ?

What has having a release clause in his contract got to do with increasing or decreasing his chances of playing in the premier league with Derby County?

I always thought that was the price of his contract and when that was met he was available for contract negotiations.

Hmm aslong as he stays is all that matters in my opinion haha

That's what everyone thought about Suarez and Arsenal, but as a lawyer pointed out in that case the clubs still had to agree a fee and they couldn't.

What has having a release clause in his contract got to do with increasing or decreasing his chances of playing in the premier league with Derby County?

Eh because derby aren't in it and he will be , he's ambitious and needs to move on to next level

Eh because derby aren't in it and he will be , he's ambitious and needs to move on to next level

I don't doubt that he's ambitious.

I think that you probably should re-write your original (rather patronising) statement to read "It's far from nonsense , bryso wanted to play in the premiership, whether with derby county or somebody else, it doesn't really matter a jot to him, what part of that don't you understand ?"

At the end of the day, players come and players go. Bryson probably doesn't rank in the top 50 players I've seen wear a Derby shirt.

I don't doubt that he's ambitious.

I think that you probably should re-write your original (rather patronising) statement to read "It's far from nonsense , bryso wanted to play in the premiership, whether with derby county or somebody else, it doesn't really matter a jot to him, what part of that don't you understand ?"

At the end of the day, players come and players go. Bryson probably doesn't rank in the top 50 players I've seen wear a Derby shirt.

That may well be the case but if he was in the starting 11 at wembley you would be watching man united next season instead of Rotherham

What I assumed he meant by that - and what I would propose as a solution to the 'if the clause exists then why is he still here?' question is this: Bryson desperately wants to play in the Premier League (and at his age and ability that is entirely undertandable). His 'ideal world' solution is getting there with Derby County - he appears to be settled and fits in well with our system. In January in looked like we had a decent shot at promotion, so Bryson was happy to remain at the club in the hope that he could achieve his favoured outcome. To that end he let his agent know that he would reject all offers so there was no point in anyone making a bid. As we failed to get promoted he has now decided that he really needs to move on to progress his career.

He wasn't that great in the away play-off game and Hughes/Hendrick played well in the home one, tough on Bryson but players should earn their spot back in the team and if two players on a similar level to the injured players played well in the previous match it would be harsh to drop them.

What I assumed he meant by that - and what I would propose as a solution to the 'if the clause exists then why is he still here?' question is this: Bryson desperately wants to play in the Premier League (and at his age and ability that is entirely undertandable). His 'ideal world' solution is getting there with Derby County - he appears to be settled and fits in well with our system. In January in looked like we had a decent shot at promotion, so Bryson was happy to remain at the club in the hope that he could achieve his favoured outcome. To that end he let his agent know that he would reject all offers so there was no point in anyone making a bid. As we failed to get promoted he has now decided that he really needs to move on to progress his career.

M8 uve hit the nail on the head , I know there was interest in January ,craig wanted to get to premiership with derby county as he loves playing with the club and the area but obviously that never happened so who knows what happens next

mate uve hit the nail on the head , I know there was interest in January ,craig wanted to get to premiership with derby county as he loves playing with the club and the area but obviously that never happened so who knows what happens next

How do you know him anyway? Relative? Friend?

That may well be the case but if he was in the starting 11 at wembley you would be watching man united next season instead of Rotherham

And if he hadn't missed that sitter from 8 yards we would have been too.

Now that's a reasonable explanation. 

mate uve hit the nail on the head , I know there was interest in January ,craig wanted to get to premiership with derby county as he loves playing with the club and the area but obviously that never happened so who knows what happens next

You seemed sure he'd want to go earlier but now you don't know what will happen?

Archived