Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

me too... my boss thought it was hilarious...

I mean... what boss? Batman has no boss...

I had to explain this to a few people sat behind me in the office. They also think it's hilarious - I'm glad they saw the funny side of it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who the f*ck agreed to that? 750k! Premier League clubs would be stupid not to jump on that.

If true, Bryson won't be a Derby player next season. <_< It's going to be a long summer.

Hopefully the club can eradicate it. He was probably in the same situation as Brayford, and they were both probably offered buy out clauses in their new contracts. Massive shame..

Hopefully the club can eradicate it. He was probably in the same situation as Brayford, and they were both probably offered buy out clauses in their new contracts. Massive shame..

No disrespect to us, but if I was in his situation, at let's say Brighton, there would be no chance of me signing a new deal - at least not until the transfer window closes.

It's an open door for him to leave, it's all about who puts the most on the table.

But, why should he stick around? He isn't a Derby fan and he could probably go an earn quadruple his wages at another club. 

It'll be gut wrenching seeing him leave for 750k but he'd be daft to stick around.

No disrespect to us, but if I was in his situation, at let's say Brighton, there would be no chance of me signing a new deal - at least not until the transfer window closes.

It's an open door for him to leave, it's all about who puts the most on the table.

But, why should he stick around? He isn't a Derby fan and he could probably go an earn quadruple his wages at another club.

It'll be gut wrenching seeing him leave for 750k but he'd be daft to stick around.

Yeah completely agree. Just hope it's not to QPARSE or Celtic..

Yeah completely agree. Just hope it's not to QPARSE or Celtic..

I think Leicester or Aston Villa would be good moves for him, he'd be in and around the first-team and he'd get a bumper pay rise with it.

It's going to be gut-wrenching when he leaves, but in football you become a victim of your own success.

It works both ways, sometimes a player will outgrow a club and other times, the club will outgrow the player.

it's possible that the buy-out clause is similar to the Suarez one - if a club bids more than the amount then the player is allowed to talk to them - if that's the case, then it wouldn't necessarily mean that we would have to sell him for £750K....

As far as value goes, then I'd have said that we'd take anything over £3M - though if QPR come knocking, we should treble that.....

it's possible that the buy-out clause is similar to the Suarez one - if a club bids more than the amount then the player is allowed to talk to them - if that's the case, then it wouldn't necessarily mean that we would have to sell him for £750K....

As far as value goes, then I'd have said that we'd take anything over £3M - though if QPR come knocking, we should treble that.....

That's how all buyout clauses work.  You cannot force a player to move clubs, all the clauses will do is guarantee the player the option to move to a club if the figure is met.  I suspect that if there is a £750k clause in Bryson's contract (which I doubt, personally) there must be other conditions attached to it - maybe he can only talk to a Prem club or maybe Celtic for that figure, or maybe the clause only kicks in if Derby are still in the championship on a given date.

Where's that quote from? Never seen anyone quoted saying it's certain.

Me neither.

If the clause existed, then it would have been certain to have been exercised in January, given the first half of the season Bryson had. People were talking about 'the £750k clause and Bryson certain to go to Celtic' last August.

I cannot see it as anything other than nonsense.

That's how all buyout clauses work.  You cannot force a player to move clubs, all the clauses will do is guarantee the player the option to move to a club if the figure is met.  I suspect that if there is a £750k clause in Bryson's contract (which I doubt, personally) there must be other conditions attached to it - maybe he can only talk to a Prem club or maybe Celtic for that figure, or maybe the clause only kicks in if Derby are still in the championship on a given date.

Not according to the lawyer that was interviewed when there was the fuss about Suarez - he stated that there were two types of clause:

1. If a club bids above the set amount, the player can sign for the other club (assuming he agrees terms) and the selling club can't stop him....

2. If a club bids above the set amount, then the player can talk to the other club, but the selling club isn't obliged to let the player leave unless they are happy with the amount that has been bid - they may well end up with an unhappy player, but they are under no obligation to sell....this was apparently the type of clause that Suarez had, so Aresnal bid £1 above the amount, but Liverpool didn't have to sell Suarez if they didn't consider it was enough....

Where's that quote from? Never seen anyone quoted saying it's certain.

Alan Nixon on Twitter -

1. @reluctantnicko anyone in for any of Derby's players Al? QPR - Bryson?

Not to increase the scare factor, but Bryson would have signed this contract under the past management, when we were a upper mid table team at best. So possible clause was put in to get us some money and him a move if bigger club came in. Now we're rated as a top team, that all changes but clause will stay there until deal is changed!

Me neither.

If the clause existed, then it would have been certain to have been exercised in January, given the first half of the season Bryson had. People were talking about 'the £750k clause and Bryson certain to go to Celtic' last August.

I cannot see it as anything other than nonsense.

It's far from nonsense , bryso wanted to play in the premiership with derby county , what part of that don't you understand ?

Archived