Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp is ready to snap up goalscoring midfielder Craig Bryson - and double Derby's misery.

The Scot has a fixed £750,000 fee clause in his contract and the Rams fear losing him to the London club, who beat them in the Championship play-off final at Wembley last month.

Bryson, 27, joined Derby from Kilmarnock for £450,000 three years ago and scored a career-best 16 goals in 40 Championship appearances last season.

But the player wants to go to the Premier League and is willing to take his chance of getting into Redknapp's team.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-eye-transfer-raid-derbys-3671705?

Bloody nigel clough signing from scotland.

We can do better.

Maybe get a loan in or someone we've never heard of from Holland.

That may well be the case but if he was in the starting 11 at wembley you would be watching man united next season instead of Rotherham

I'd rather watch us batter Rotherham than watch us get battered by Man Utd. I go to watch Derby.

Does he really have a £750k release clause? less than double what we paid for him surely something like that isnt very common place in England let alone the championship. It has to be rubbish.

BCO

QPR would be a bad move for him, bad environment for a decent and hardworking footballer. I could understand him going to a Villa, Sunderland or Hull type club if he wants to live the Prem dream.

Whilst he's great in the Champ I think he will struggle to hold down a first team place at a Prem club. 

Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp is ready to snap up goalscoring midfielder Craig Bryson - and double Derby's misery.

The Scot has a fixed £750,000 fee clause in his contract and the Rams fear losing him to the London club, who beat them in the Championship play-off final at Wembley last month.

Bryson, 27, joined Derby from Kilmarnock for £450,000 three years ago and scored a career-best 16 goals in 40 Championship appearances last season.

But the player wants to go to the Premier League and is willing to take his chance of getting into Redknapp's team.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-eye-transfer-raid-derbys-3671705?

Nixon has come across in this as an agent, not a journalist.

Nixon has come across in this as an agent, not a journalist.

In fairness, he is just reporting the news that people read, just like any journalist.

I like Nixon, he is very forthcoming with information and proves time and time again, especially with Derby, to be spot on.

The 750k part is a scoop. It's a ridiculous release clause for arguably the league's top midfielder last season.

Pains me to say that I'm fairly sure it's all accurate too. And I'd be surprised to see Bryson in pre-season at Derby.

He signed a new contract at the start of the season (just googled craig bryson new contract)...

Even if they were daft enough to put a £750k clause in his first contract, by the start of this season big Sam Rush wouldn't have been for his new one...

Someone who uses twitter ought to tweet John Vicars, probably won't reply but worth a shout

Please no don't, poor bloke must get bombarded as it is with questions like this on Twitter. He has already said in the Q&A's that he won't discuss players contracts and rightly so.

Let's say he said yes Bryson has a 750k release clause on Twitter, for all the journalists, wouldn't be the brightest of moves to put it out there would it?

Archived