Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

Please no don't, poor bloke must get bombarded as it is with questions like this on Twitter. He has already said in the Q&A's that he won't discuss players contracts and rightly so.

Let's say he said yes Bryson has a 750k release clause on Twitter, for all the journalists, wouldn't be the brightest of moves to put it out there would it?

And it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to his chances of leaving. I'm sure many clubs know his contract details. All it would do is get written about more and cause panic and misery on here. Would really ruin the relaxed atmosphere we have during this holiday period...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really hope he stays - the way he plays and his tempo was the epitome and fulcrum of how we played last season...would be a big loss but of course no one player leaving is the end of the world, just disappointing when the current squad is so close to the big time again.

If the much talked about clause brings about this transfer, the board would have abit of explaining to do.

We'll see, an announcement about a restructuring of his contract would be nice but the silence on the matter should perhaps prepare us!

Unconfirmed source has said that rumours that Bryson has a 750K release clause are ludicrous, however the clause may be so he can speak to other clubs (like Suarez) but the club doesnt have to accept that 750K. 
The fact that he is rumoured to even have this clause in his contract needs questioning, why would any manager set a release clause to less than double what was payed, and even so, hasnt he signed a new contract recently, probably to get rid off any kind of 'Big Club' release?

Hi guys, long time reader, first time poster,

Let's be honest, believing a paper like the Mirror is like believing a child when they say they didn't pinch the last sweet in the sweety jar. It's as corrupt as they come. It wouldn't surprise me if they got that information from a forum such as this, maybe even from a Forest fan. It's rubbish, Bryson will be with us next season unless someone offers us a lot more than £750k; and he's too young to play for QPR anyway, we all know Harry only likes his players aged 35 and over, hence why he's looking at Ferdinand and co. Chins up guys, everything's gonna be alright

Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp is ready to snap up goalscoring midfielder Craig Bryson - and double Derby's misery.

The Scot has a fixed £750,000 fee clause in his contract and the Rams fear losing him to the London club, who beat them in the Championship play-off final at Wembley last month.

Bryson, 27, joined Derby from Kilmarnock for £450,000 three years ago and scored a career-best 16 goals in 40 Championship appearances last season.

But the player wants to go to the Premier League and is willing to take his chance of getting into Redknapp's team.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-eye-transfer-raid-derbys-3671705?

I can understand people's scepticism towards the Mirror, but the journalist that reported it has been spot on with regards to Derby for the past year or two, so why doubt him now? I've said this before, especially about the Mirror, just because a story doesn't look good doesn't make it false.

The Mirror have got an awful lot right about us in the past despite people rubbishing the idea when it first came out.

The telling thing here is, no one from Derby has come out and said the clause DOESN'T exist, which I assume they'd have done ASAP, if only to calm the fans down.

Do you not think if it didn't exist, Vicars wouldn't take a minute out his day to confirm it in a tweet? I understand him NOT confirming it, if it is true. But, I don't get why he wouldn't rubbish it, if it wasn't true.

I must confess I can't remember the last time I read anything in the Mirror. What has this guy got correct in the past that was a surprise to everyone else? I know nothing about him, just curious.

He broke the news about Andre Wisdom. He's definitely more itk than anyone from the DET or RD.

Archived