Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

The telling thing here is, no one from Derby has come out and said the clause DOESN'T exist, which I assume they'd have done ASAP, if only to calm the fans down.

Do you not think if it didn't exist, Vicars wouldn't take a minute out his day to confirm it in a tweet? I understand him NOT confirming it, if it is true. But, I don't get why he wouldn't rubbish it, if it wasn't true.

I have never understood why people expect to be kept informed.  We have no right or expectation.  Let the club get on with it.  No comment is normally the best answer because whatever you say can be twisted to mean something else.  I really don't want him to go but if he does we will get over it

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never understood why people expect to be kept informed.  We have no right or expectation.  Let the club get on with it.  No comment is normally the best answer because whatever you say can be twisted to mean something else.  I really don't want him to go but if he does we will get over it

If it wasn't for us there would be no club.

Confident we will be a division above QPR after next season anyways if we go about things right (or at least alongside them, though would say they are hot favs for relegation as things stand with the team they can put out, not easy to put that right in one summer).

Craigs not daft surely so hopefully he wont go for the short term fix in terms of money when he could probably stay in the Premier League for the rest of his career if Derby go up this season with the footballing side we have (assuming we keep progressing).

I was only disagreeing with this: We have no right or expectation. 

However, I agree with the rest of your comment.

As an active fan for 49 years I fully recognize that the club cannot be run professionally if it has issue public notices to ensure I am kept abreast of every development that I may be interested in.  I am not a shareholder or employee for that matter I am a fan. If there standard engagement is not to issue denials etc no one should draw any conclusions from any silence on their part one way or the other

Couldn't blame Bryson for thinking about going, he's on about £6k a week at Derby, Moving to QPR would see that go up probably past the £20k mark + signing on bonuses! He'd be earning best part of a million a year. In a career that's only one tackle off ending it, you've got to make the most of it while you can, especially when your coming towards the latter parts of it.

If bryson goes the board have a lot if explaining to do! Our player of the season and one of our main threats! Sam rush needs to restructure his contract, with a better wage and no release clause!

Why? How do you know he would sign a new contract with us? They can't just change his contract, he would need to agree. Let's be honest if we were footballers and you played in the championship and a prem club came calling who can offer silly money we would all go. Who wouldn't move on when they would double or even triple your salary?

Why? How do you know he would sign a new contract with us? They can't just change his contract, he would need to agree. Let's be honest if we were footballers and you played in the championship and a prem club came calling who can offer silly money we would all go. Who wouldn't move on when they would double or even triple your salary?

Jamie Ward turned Hull down when they offered him more money - ward was quoted as saying this at the time.

Jamie Ward turned Hull down when they offered him more money - ward was quoted as saying this at the time.

I can't recall that, when did we accept an offer for him? Were the doubling or tripling his wages? Did they offer him prem football? Or was it when he signed and they offered him a little bit more money as that is very different what we are talking about with Bryson

I can't recall that, when did we accept an offer for him? Were the doubling or tripling his wages? Did they offer him prem football? Or was it when he signed and they offered him a little bit more money as that is very different what we are talking about with Bryson

It was at the end of his loan spell from Sheffield united.

Bit they still offered him more money and were a better chance for promotion than us at that time.

They were also champ, but he showed loyalty to us even though they offered him more ££

It was at the end of his loan spell from Sheffield united.

Bit they still offered him more money and were a better chance for promotion than us at that time.

So it's nothing like Bryson being offered prem football and getting a huge pay rise that a prem club can realistically offer?

Why were they a better chance of promotion? It was their 2nd year back down so were cost cutting as parachute payments would have been dropping

So it's nothing like Bryson being offered prem football and getting a huge pay rise that a prem club can realistically offer?

Why were they a better chance of promotion? It was their 2nd year back down so were cost cutting as parachute payments would have been dropping

Finished 8 places above us.

Long time reader, first time poster.

Pains me to say it but I can believe the sell on claus is true; like other posters have said if it wasn't true you'd expect the club to come out and say so, they're pretty quick at making statements when we've been incorrectly linked with players.

If we think back to when Bryson signed his contract extension last year he was being heavily linked with Celtic, in the end it came to nothing but maybe he wanted to leave a door open for the future. Bryson is obviously a good player who we wanted to hang on to so if we were faced with the possibility of losing him last year or agreeing to give him a contract with a 750k claus in it then I can fully understand why we'd do that.

I'll be gutted if he goes this year, especially if it's for that kind of money but if given the choice, you'd have to say managing to hang on to him last year was a smart call and i won't be blaming anyone if he moves on this year.

We did ok without Brayford this season

If he goes then he goes. I don't think he's as good as what people say. I want him to stay but I'm not suicidal if he goes. Not if we have the funds to get a player or two in.

750k isn't enough but doesn't make any difference to me if it's £750k or £7.50. Balance sheets don't interest me that much

Archived