All Hail Chris Martin.....

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't particularly impressed when we signed him on a free. Last season he seemed lethargic and didn't appear to offer anything different to Sammon. Fair play to him and Nigel for spotting something in him cus he's been unbelievable this season and I think he's got enough in him to hold his own in the prem when we get there...

I find it incredible that despite being the highest scorers on the league, with a front man with 23 goals and a midfielder with 16, and all the rest. How many penalties and other guilt edge chances have we missed?

I'd love to see the stat of how many chances we've created. I bet it's a phenomenal amount. I know at the start if the season we had a great conversion rate, and I'm sure our conversion rate isn't that bad now.

That's not a dig at the team. I think it's very exciting that we can create so many chances that we can afford to miss a few and still be the top scorers. It's just a great way to play, roll on next season, whichever league it is in.

I find it incredible that despite being the highest scorers on the league, with a front man with 23 goals and a midfielder with 16, and all the rest. How many penalties and other guilt edge chances have we missed?

I'd love to see the stat of how many chances we've created. I bet it's a phenomenal amount. I know at the start if the season we had a great conversion rate, and I'm sure our conversion rate isn't that bad now.

That's not a dig at the team. I think it's very exciting that we can create so many chances that we can afford to miss a few and still be the top scorers. It's just a great way to play, roll on next season, whichever league it is in.

If I am correct weve been awarded 11 penalties and scored 6 of them this season

That might be very wrong though

If I am correct weve been awarded 11 penalties and scored 6 of them this season

That might be very wrong though

That's what I worked it out to be. Even worse when you add in the four consecutive penalties we missed at the end of last season.

Some random (league) stats.

Our overall possession is 53%, which is 2nd behind QPR, although they also have 53%

Brighton and QPR have made more successful pases than us, at 80% (ours is 79%) - those are the only 2 teams who have made more total passes than us.

Our total shot count is 680, which is 3rd below Leicester (771) and Bournemouth (685). Our overall shot accuracy is 44%. (7th in the league, Birmingham are top with 48 and they're in the relegation zone! Lowest is blackpool with 37%)

We've scored more goals from outside of the box than anyone else bar Watford (16 each)

We've scored more left footed goals than any other team bar Reading (26 each)

We've conceded the third highest amount of headed goals (16) with only Milwall letting in more (19) and Birmingham equal - so clearly this is still a massive issue. (Brighton have only conceded 5)

We've scored just 9 headed goals this season - only 7 teams have scored less. (Bottom: Barnsley with 4. Top: Blackburn & Forest with 22).

Our total goals from set pieces is 19, which is the 9th best in the division (Bournemouth have 27)

We are by far the most fouled team in the division, still, - 627, 2nd are Reading with 576!  Least fouled are leicester with 407. We've committed the 6th most with 534

How many total passes have we and them made? Out of interest.

1. Brighton   20,196   80% accuracte

2. QPR   20,016   80%

3. Derby   19,834   79%

4. Leicester   19,150   78%

5. Bournemouth   18,640   76%

6. Forest   17,674   76%

-------------

22. Milwall   13,965   69%

23. Birmingham   13,715   70%

24. Yeovil     13,507   67%

It's a pretty useless stat though, Burnley only have a 70% pass success rate (from 15,866 passes) and they've finished 2nd

Archived