All Hail Chris Martin.....

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things.

Still can't come to believe some people were questioning Clough when he signed him on a free to lead the line this season. To me at the time I was delighted we had got him others were less so but still that is irrelevant well done Martin.

Secondly if Craig Bryson gets 20 goals from Midfield, hopefully people will finally take note that he is better than Danny Drinkwater. Real pet hate of mine that he seems to get so many plaudits. I understand his defensive work is paramount for the foxes due through the way they play and I'm not sure if it's just me being dcfc biased? but Bryson has been a better CM this season.

Anyone think That Bryson is still in it to get 20 goals this season, terrific turnout for a midfielder

I think he has, if we finish the season well as a team, definitely.

I will love it if he gets 20+, love it.

Two things.

Still can't come to believe some people were questioning Clough when he signed him on a free to lead the line this season. To me at the time I was delighted we had got him others were less so but still that is irrelevant well done Martin.

Secondly if Craig Bryson gets 20 goals from Midfield, hopefully people will finally take note that he is better than Danny Drinkwater. Real pet hate of mine that he seems to get so many plaudits. I understand his defensive work is paramount for the foxes due through the way they play and I'm not sure if it's just me being dcfc biased? but Bryson has been a better CM this season.

Drinkwater is a fantastic player. However, as you say there is little between them. Same with fatboy down the road.

Reid, Drinkwater and Bryson are the best centre-mids in the Championship. Fitting how they're all in the East Midlands.

Drinkwater is a fantastic player. However, as you say there is little between them. Same with fatboy down the road.

Reid, Drinkwater and Bryson are the best centre-mids in the Championship. Fitting how they're all in the East Midlands.

Wow, that's a bit of a f*ck you to Guy Moussi.

Two things.

I was watching the Leicester game last Friday and I can tell you now, Drinkwater was pure garbage. His passes, though accurate and crisp, often left his teammates in trouble, problem was, he could never help his teammates out because he'd already gone flying off expecting the one-two. The thing was though, Leicester fans were saying he was decent, most giving him 7/10s! He won the ball a few times though, but nothing outstanding,

I accept that that was probably a bad game for Drinkwater, and considering how Leicester explode on the counter normally, him winning the ball and playing one-twos up the pitch would work well in their system, but the fact that after that performance he was getting 7s suggests to me that he's overrated.

As for Martin, the guy's a king!

He's gonna smile in a minute

Smiiiiile in a minute.

Will it take 20 league goals for him to cheer up?

The difference a quality striker makes. Theo used to do my frickin' head in. And Sammon. Useful, but not very good.

Fantastic player, and on a free as well. I will hold my hands up and say last year thought he was o k , but boy what a difference he makes to the team. His hold up ability and crisp passing to others, mainly Bryso,are a joy to behold. All hail King Martin !!

He's also go an inventive/imaginative way about him too.

that flick against forest that darlow saved , last night's improv finish and the charlton goal - nevermind his clever laying off of the ball.

been instrumental this season.

Couldn't have done it without him. As we showed against Millwall!

This. Martin is the player we will miss more than any if he isn't playing, Wisdom 2nd (due to no natural cover) all the other players have a player ready to take their place that is just as good. (Maybe Forsyth as not seen anything substantial from Naylor)

Thank goodness Norwich (and lots of loan clubs) played him out of position! He was a natural for Grant Holt's role at Norwich but he never got the chance to prove it. Norwich are now vainly searching for a replacement Holt and we got Martin for free. Excellent I think!

Thank goodness Norwich (and lots of loan clubs) played him out of position! He was a natural for Grant Holt's role at Norwich but he never got the chance to prove it. Norwich are now vainly searching for a replacement Holt and we got Martin for free. Excellent I think!

I remember when he was on loan at Palace and scored against us as Selhurst Park, he was playing as a kind of attacking midfielder/behind the striker kind of player, but looked a little out of position. I remember thinking then he's not mobile enough to do that but has great feet and a good brain, he should be up top. 

Been an absolutely fantastic signing for us.

Archived