All Hail Chris Martin.....

Stripperg-ram

I know he was the last since Sturridge to score over 20 goals overall in a season, but when was the last time we had someone break the 20 goal mark for league games only, I'm sure some of Deanos were in the cup.

I can't find it anywhere.

Although it's on wikipedia, it does have a record for all the games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995%E2%80%9396_Derby_County_F.C._season

All 20 for Sturridge were in the league

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a Pride Park-era XI, you could put a very good case forward for Martin being in it.

He's definitely better than Howard, and probably better than Raziak. Somewhat depressingly, the only other candidate for an up front position is...well...Paulo Wanchope, all those years before. I was still learning to walk when we signed him.

That's four good strikers in 18 seasons. Two of them were only of use/any good for one season as well.

We've been so so crap at this stadium, overall, haven't we. It's seen more bottom-half finishes than top half finishes. Only one promotion, but two relegations and a couple of near misses into dropping further still. And yet still some people can't seem to enjoy this season.

Our two best seasons at PP were the first two, if we go up this season it will be the third, in fact even if we don't I think it is.

I'm inclined to agree. We played horrible, attritional stuff under Davros, but the football this season, promotion or not, has been an absolute delight to watch.

I know he was the last since Sturridge to score over 20 goals overall in a season, but when was the last time we had someone break the 20 goal mark for league games only, I'm sure some of Deanos were in the cup.

I can't find it anywhere.

Dean made the 20 goal mark in the league.

Martin has matched that, and well done to him. The focus now has to be on being the best team on the day from here to Wembley, and beyond.

Dean made the 20 goal mark in the league.

Martin has matched that, and well done to him. The focus now has to be on being the best team on the day from here to Wembley, and beyond.

Exactly, I love the way all of the team are singing from the same hymn sheet 'we've achieved nothing yet' and 'now the work really starts' are common themes and it shows a definite grounding of peoples attitudes. 

Looking forward the playoff ride now and Martin to bag even more:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived