Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, I was planning my trip to wembley for the England vs Peru match yesterday (my wife's Pseuvian, we're very excited). Which reminded me the last match I took mg wife too was Burton's play off semi final last year (when we'd just moved a few miles outside Burton).

Bear with me.

That got me wondering how well Burton are doing this season. Seeing they're doing flipping well, and near promotion, I wondered what the likelihood is of the extreme irony of Burton swapping places with Sheffield Utd.

Then I checked league 1. And '**** me' what are United doing in 12th. Last I saw they were one outside he relegation places. United fans have got to be chuffed with that. In fact, they're as far out of the play offs as Forest are from the autos. They keep up that momentum, and you never know. That would be a heck of an achievement.

Meanwhile, be interesting to see the reception he gets if United and Burton end up playing in the same league next season.

I know some of you find this tedious, but I am interested in Clough and his past and future career, cos I feel like I've known him since childhood (even though he's like 10 years older than me).

Fair enough Tiger.

Nothing wrong with showing an interest in something not related to DCFC. It's just when people try to make it Clough v McClaren. McClaren didn't sack Clough. McClaren has a great record at Derby. I don't really understand the point scoring if I'm honest.

Just looked and its 7 wins which include 2 cup wins. The 5 league wins only 1 was against a top half team, the other 4 against clubs that are struggling at the bottom. He also has the majority of the squad plus additions that was in the play offs last season.

They have Peterborough, Preston and Wolves coming up, see how he gets on there.

Just looked and its 7 wins which include 2 cup wins. The 5 league wins only 1 was against a top half team, the other 4 against clubs that are struggling at the bottom. He also has the majority of the squad plus additions that was in the play offs last season.

They have Peterborough, Preston and Wolves coming up, see how he gets on there.

And Carlisle United. :p

This is the football talk thread is it not?

A run like they're on is deserving of another thread is it not?

Fishing I am not.

Credit where credit is due.

How very sad you lot are. You are unable to recognise achievement.

Again.....well done Clough.

He's manager of Sheffield Utd. Go and post it on a Sheffield Utd forum.

Fair enough Tiger.

Nothing wrong with showing an interest in something not related to DCFC. It's just when people try to make it Clough v McClaren. McClaren didn't sack Clough. McClaren has a great record at Derby. I don't really understand the point scoring if I'm honest.

Do some people see praise of Clough as criticism of McClaren?

It would never enter my head. I have plenty of time for Clough as i think he did he a good job here but i have nothing but praise for Steve, Simmo and Eric.

There doesn't have to be a contradiction surely.

It would never enter my head. I have plenty of time for Clough as i think he did he a good job here but i have nothing but praise for Steve, Simmo and Eric.

I think so. Tbh I saw this thread and thought it was point scoring. So I guess I'm as bad. That's what it's come to. All the arguing. Now it is Clough v McClaren because everyone thinks everyone one else has picked a side. Maybe nobody has picked a side?

Clough would still be here if he was black

Its just the fact that these thread by coincidence pop up on a match day when we lose.

He's manager of Sheffield Utd. Go and post it on a Sheffield Utd forum.

No.

I'll post it on a forum that is specifically designed for Football Talk.

That is what it is is it not? Football talk?

If another manager did a similar feat then I would post it up. Just because it's Clough makes it more poignant.

Point scoring didn't cross my mind, I thought exactly the same when they mentioned him on the FLS last night.

Makes me laugh, the ones that claim to be fans of football rather than just Derby are the ones that knock. Yes he got sacked, yes he's in a league bellow us because that's how football works init?

Well in Nige, keep it up. Good to see Burton doing well anorl.

Archived