Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

sage

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent point. Need to hammer Yeovil on Tuesday now.

Decent point keeps us very much on target for a  play off place. Maybe with Bamford on from the start we could have won it tho?

I'd be inclined to change the whole front 3 for Tuesday. Ward, Martin and Dawkins could all do with a rest / wake-up call. Give Russell, Sammon and Bamford a start, there's enough quality in that front 3 to beat Yeovil and get the momentum back in our favour. Bamford in particular has done enough to warrant a starting place and I think Martin could do with a bit of a rest, he's played a hell of a lot and could do with a refresh.

1-1 is a good result though, I'd have taken that today.

I'd be inclined to change the whole front 3 for Tuesday. Ward, Martin and Dawkins could all do with a rest / wake-up call. Give Russell, Sammon and Bamford a start, there's enough quality in that front 3 to beat Yeovil and get the momentum back in our favour. Bamford in particular has done enough to warrant a starting place and I think Martin could do with a bit of a rest, he's played a hell of a lot and could do with a refresh.

1-1 is a good result though, I'd have taken that today.

Dawkins was one of our best players, not sure I would drop him after a good game.

Fantastic point but most importantly a fantastic performance. If we played as well as RD made out then we're well back on form and that's what we were looking for. To go away, play well and pick up some form of result. Gives everyone (including us) confidence again, let's f*cking tonk Yeovil.

Up the Rams! 

:D

Dawkins was one of our best players, not sure I would drop him after a good game.

Didn't see it today, so I can't really comment. Leaving those guys out isn't necessarily about 'dropping' them for poor form though, it's just a case of a little rotation here and there to keep things fresh and keep them on their toes and rewarding the likes of Bamford and Sammon for changing the course of the game when they have come on.

I've got to be honest that I find Ward and Dawkins similarly frustrating. Both have obvious talent and create something out of nothing but both can also be very guilty of being wasteful and greedy.

I just personally prefer Russell as a player over both of these guys and would always favour him starting over both of them. Bamford is clearly in excellent form and deserves a start and Martin, for me, has sounded a bit jaded in recent weeks and Sammon is absolutely chomping at the bit to get in on the action, I think they all deserve a chance to keep everyone hungry.

Archived