Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

sage

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at their goal it appeared that Keogh and zeustace were close together and our back four weren't holding a line. Forsyth and Buxton were deeper than Keogh and Wisdom. Buxton reacted to the run by Rhodes and got across to him but the rest of the defends didn't leaving a free header.

Could argue Buxton and Forsyth should have pushed up to play offside. Or ot could have been Forsyth didn't push out quick enough and Buxton saw the danger and dropped back to cover.

Personally i think Keogh and Wisdom should have been deeper - push out as quick as your slowest man to hold the line and make the through ball more difficult to complete. They definitely should have reacted quicker and got back sooner.

Dawkins looked good, don't know why eveyone is giving him stick

Sometimes looks a bit casual. Gets into some brilliant situations and often his final ball is just a touch off.

That's why people get frustrated with him.

Not me. I'm just glad Stephen Pearson has gone

Looking at their goal it appeared that Keogh and zeustace were close together and our back four weren't holding a line. Forsyth and Buxton were deeper than Keogh and Wisdom. Buxton reacted to the run by Rhodes and got across to him but the rest of the defends didn't leaving a free header.

Could argue Buxton and Forsyth should have pushed up to play offside. Or ot could have been Forsyth didn't push out quick enough and Buxton saw the danger and dropped back to cover.

Personally i think Keogh and Wisdom should have been deeper - push out as quick as your slowest man to hold the line and make the through ball more difficult to complete. They definitely should have reacted quicker and got back sooner.

We got in a right mess at one point in the first half and got away with it. The defensive line vanished and it just became a bunch of individuals to pick off. It's been quite unlike us lately to look so badly organised.

Again I think just the tiredness is perhaps causing the odd lapse in concentration?

Keogh was running back ball watching, the guy ran in behind him with Fozzy having no chance of getting goal side of him.

Poor concentration. Cost us 2 points when we nearly needed them with others no playing.

But a point away would have been a minimum requirement I expect.

Hughes was brilliant second half, his best game since Leeds at home. He ran the game, everything went through him, some of his through ball were fantastic, using the outside of his foot ect, brilliant. I think him being on the bench was a reality check for the lad, and hopefully he can keep those performances up.

Forsyth was very good as well, sometimes found out defensively, but he was great going forward, the master of the ground cross.

Bamford needs to start. We're lacking clinical finishing recently, and he's had 2 chances from outside/around the box and both couldn't have been finished better!

Ratings

Grant 7

Wisdom 7

Buxton 6

Keogh 7

Forsyth 7

Hendrick 6

Bryson 6

Ward 7

Martin 6

Dawkins 7

Hughes 8 MOTM

Sammon 7

Bamford 7

Management 9. 2 subs made the goal, and Hughes controlled the game

Great point against a decent side

What did Dawkins or Ward do to deserve a 7 out of interest North Stand Ram?

Dawkins was brilliant second half, him and Forsyth created so much down the left hand side, linked up very well

Ward had one of his better games in recent months and didn't deserve to go off in my opinion. He wasn't happy when he was subbed off. He took on his man more and created, should of gone down and won a peno but stayed up which was silly though

Best we've played in ages second half, brilliant.

Must win Tues

Dawkins-Bamford-Russell

That is a tasty front 3 for Yeovil, possibly Bennett given some form of playing time too.

I would go with that. Give Martin a breather and freshen it up with an on fire Bamford up top supported by an energetic and hungry Dawks and JR!

Dawkins was brilliant second half, him and Forsyth created so much down the left hand side, linked up very well

Ward had one of his better games in recent months and didn't deserve to go off in my opinion. He wasn't happy when he was subbed off. He took on his man more and created, should of gone down and won a peno but stayed up which was silly though

Best we've played in ages second half, brilliant.

Must win Tues

Fair enough and I respect your view. 'Brilliant' to me though is a definition of creating or scoring something when you play the position he does. He had significantly more of the ball and tried his best to attack when he had it (More than Ward did) but my frustration is that only Bryson seems to make runs beyond the last defender in our team. Both Ward and Dawkins want it to feet and that makes us Predictable.

Dawkins hasn't put in a cross that I can rember since he came in, hasn't scored a good goal (QPR was a mishit and Wigan the goaly got out of the way) and I am not sure whether his skill has created a goal yet (happy to be wrong there, Barnsley he lost control of the ball before it ended up with Martin). I also think he just isn't an intelligent player and doesn't help out defensively. I often think he wants Forsyth to pick up the right back for the opposition when I think he should be tracking back more. Of course, this could be a coaching decision).

Ultimately we all have our favourites and as long as DCFC are succeeding that's what's important. For me, Bamford, Russell and Martin are our best three on paper and they are the ones I would love to see us start with on Tuesday. I also believe these three give us the most goal threat.

Keogh was running back ball watching, the guy ran in behind him with Fozzy having no chance of getting goal side of him.

Poor concentration. Cost us 2 points when we nearly needed them with others no playing.

But a point away would have been a minimum requirement I expect.

A mixture of ball watching and being drawn towards the near post to try and cut out a cut back that never came.

Archived