Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

sage

I still can't figure out why you keep saying Wupert.

Surely you should at least say 'Patwick', because as it is I find the posts completely mowonic.

I bet you thought gladys hinton was his real name.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel happier today.

We've been sloppy lately. Slow, clumsy and lacking concentration. I think the majority of fans put it down to tiredness and today I think we got our proof.

As the tiredness wears off I think we should get back to where we was. The signs are there.

You can't replace Hughes from within our squad. He's judged by quite a high standard. Think it's harsh. I agree he's tired. He could do with a rest but we can't afford him one. At 70% he's still key.

Feel happier today.

We've been sloppy lately. Slow, clumsy and lacking concentration. I think the majority of fans put it down to tiredness and today I think we got our proof.

As the tiredness wears off I think we should get back to where we was. The signs are there.

You can't replace Hughes from within our squad. He's judged by quite a high standard. Think it's harsh. I agree he's tired. He could do with a rest but we can't afford him one. At 70% he's still key.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me that Hughes can't be left out as he is just to good and important for us. We are a better side when he plays

Grant - 7. Some good saves in tricky conditions. Free kick save which bounced just infront of him second half was excellent. Kicking good, not sure why he took the risk when taking their player on but overall another job well done.

Wisdom - 6. Sometimes he thinks he is invincible and we didn't see this taking on of two or three players in his own half when he first joined. It will cost us soon. Struggled to get forward.

Keogh - 7. Another very good game from him in my opinion. Covered well and kept their front two quiet.

Bucko - 6. Not sure if he contributed to the defensive error leading to their goal. Gave the ball away too much for my liking today.

Forsyth - 6. Got forward well but a lot of his crosses were too close to the goalkeeper. Won the ball in the air well and he does look for Derby payers when he can, I just don't think Dawkins offers him much.

Eustace - 5. Too off form at the moment and looks tired. Game passed him by too much for my liking.

Hendrick - 6. Was really unlucky on how he got the injury and was looking at making an impact.

Bryson - 7. Played well and got forward well. Put in some good crosses from offensive runs made.

Ward - 5. Poor again for me. (one poster earlier said he played well again - not sure when he last played well?). Not making an impact in games and we canot afford for him not to. His reluctance to make runs beyond the last defender is so frustrating.

Dawkins - 6. More effective in the second half but he is scared to tackle or track back, and still frustrates the hell out of me.

Martin - 6. I do think without him in the team we would be worse for it. He battles and gets possession of the ball.

Subs

Hughes - 7. Second half he was running the show for me. Finding space and picking the ball up. Keeping it simple. If we had players who would actually make runs behind the defenders, he would have so many more assists in this team.

Sammon - 7. Once you accept the fact he won't ever predict where a ball might go, actually I thought he did well today and made an impact. We looked far better with him on for me. (although game was different)

Bamford - 8. Excellent. Not just a good goal but general play was superb. My MOTM for his impact.

Overall I am pleased. Not too many teams will come here and take a point and with ten more minutes would have won the game with the players and offensive mindedness we had on the pitch. no issues with the referee, probably lucky not to concede a penalty and I think yellow for Marshall was correct.

Ermm yeah thats why I said 'Sounds like'.

By the way that joke you keep doing is weally not funny.

:p

Its not funny to keep spouting on about ward when you weren't even there to see how he played.

You........

twaat.

Its not funny to keep spouting on about ward when you weren't even there to see how he played.

You........

twaat.

Tbf I never said anything about wards performance today, surely you agree that after 2 goals in 2 sub apps Bamford should start in place of him as he has been poor the majority of the season.

I'm reasonably happy with a point. When we conceded such a sloppy soft goal I feared the worst, but (apart from at Leicester) we now really do seem to react well to adversity. Could so easily have won it in the end.

Jamie seems very unsure of himself now - afraid to take his man on because he's (perhaps) afraid of the reaction he will receive if it doesn't come off. So he plays it 'safe'.

Bamford - this lad is going to be a wonderful player. I really hope we get the opportunity to see him in a Rams shirt for a full season. Preferably in the Premier League.

On another day that would have been a 3-1 or 4-1. We created plenty of chances and that's always a good sign.  Ward was much improved. Just a stupid piece of defending cost us 3 points. All 3 subs were our best players. Sammon deserves a game against Yeovil, he was fantastic and really dangerous. 

If we play like we did today against Yeovil, with abit more luck (and an unbiased ref, who was shocking btw) it'll be 5 or 6 to us.

Nearly back to our best :D

I wouldn't replace Martin with Sammon. Sammon is doing a decent job as a sub. It will be interesting to see if Bamford comes in for Martin or one of the two wide positions. I would start Martin, Dawkins and Bamford on Tuesday.

I bet you thought gladys hinton was his real name.

Yeah, bloody idiots. Everyone knows it was Gladys Braithwaite. 'Hinton' was a nickname.

I wouldn't replace Martin with Sammon. Sammon is doing a decent job as a sub. It will be interesting to see if Bamford comes in for Martin or one of the two wide positions. I would start Martin, Dawkins and Bamford on Tuesday.

I think the reason Sammon has been so effective recently is precisely because he *hasn't* started. By the time he's come on, defenders are tired and they don't know what to do with his physicality and energy. Thats what he offers the team at the moment, and I think that were he to start he'd have to do more in terms of linking the play and showing technical skills, which I think he can be a bit short on at times. His main use at the moment is to run already tired defenders ragged for the last 25 mins and that's what he's very good at.

Archived