Leicester

Derbados

I'm sorry but Leicester have dominated us in every single department tonight

Jamie Ward is a mardy little s***t and the sooner we are rid the better

Will Hughes needs to be dropped for big games ie Leicester, Forest he just doesn't turn up and if you can tell me a game he has I will hold my hands up!

Jeff Hendrick is never a DCM absolutely shocking tonight!!

One p****d off Ram!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As i said in matchday chat, the midfield of Ward, Hughes Bryson and Dawkins are great going forward but when they get pressured like tonight and other games where we were hussled, they dont know quite how to respond, and no doubt Mac will be discussing it...  and hopefully make 'adjustments'  :ph34r:

I think festa would have beaten anyone in this league tonight, and most in the bottom half of the prem, they were just too good.Mac has seen what he needs to see, i await to see his response...

I've read in places that Mac is thought of as a great coach but not necessarily a great tactician or spotter of players. Tonight suggested there may be some grounds for questioning the man. Did he get the tactics right? Was he able to adapt the tactics to counter what he saw? How have his dealings been so far?

Mind you, having said that Sky had Dean Saunders on as pundit who articulated what sounded like an astute half time analysis as to how to improve, but we all remember how effective HE has been as a head coach/manager.

Thing is we were playing strong and dominating players.

Ward - pointless

Hughes - lightweight

Bryson - lightweight

Dawkins - really pointless. I've got my transfer al no need to try anymore

Hendrick - doesn't tackle or get stuck in

We are such a small and lightweight team. We can play football but we can only do that when we are good enough to have the ball. The commentator made a good point that all our points are pretty much against teams in the bottom half of the table....because we can play football.

Tonight showed me just how many players we need, or just how many better players we need over and above what we have now, to make the step up to being a genuine top two team.

We need to treat Leicester as sort of a rivalry. Their fans turn up fired up and get behind the players who then work their socks off. Our fans turn up and chant about how we only dislike Forest

Sorry too much Jacobs creek.

Leicester fans have hardly been impressive this season tbf.

I thought Keane was worst player, was absent when most danger threatened and fluffed it when should cleared for 2nd.

Not the end of the world.

I thought Leicester played it down the flanks and avoided midfield, similar to Wigan in some respects.

Meant full backs occupied and made us rely on Ward to supply pace and wing play - waste of time !

Ward too petulant and inneffective again...give Bennett a go.

Thing is we were playing strong and dominating players.

Ward - pointless

Hughes - lightweight

Bryson - lightweight

Dawkins - really pointless. I've got my transfer al no need to try anymore

Hendrick - doesn't tackle or get stuck in

We are such a small and lightweight team. We can play football but we can only do that when we are good enough to have the ball. The commentator made a good point that all our points are pretty much against teams in the bottom half of the table....because we can play football.

Tonight showed me just how many players we need, or just how many better players we need over and above what we have now, to make the step up to being a genuine top two team.

Interesting point and a criticism I remember laying at Clough's door. Whilst Mac has bought in Wisdom, who is solid, we are still lacking powerful and influential players, especially in midfield. 

Many have said it but a mobile and mouthy brute in the CDM role would bring a lot to the team

Interesting point and a criticism I remember laying at Clough's door. Whilst Mac has bought in Wisdom, who is solid, we are still lacking powerful and influential players, especially in midfield. 

Many have said it but a mobile and mouthy brute in the CDM role would bring a lot to the team

Savage?!

Agree though, very surprised not to see wisdom or Cisse, or even both in a (whisper it quietly) change of formation

The system we play relies on a very good defensive midfielder. John Eustace contrary to what a few say is very good. Tonight Jeff was absent. We were overwhelmed by a better side and would have lost anyway but the most glaring problem was Hendrick I'm afraid. 

Yep terrible mistake playing him tonight, and certainly not in a cdm role

Archived