Leicester

Derbados

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we overlooking Dyer skinning us down the left then.

No we are not, Wisdom was poor, but you also have to look at the source of good ball dyer got down the left, he doesn't just magically pick the ball up and run at Wisdom, Leicester got time and space to spread the ball out to him, play him in behind, and this came from Leicester winning far too much 2nd ball in front of our back 4. Wisdom has to do far better, but we needed to be clever and break the play up far more effectively, that helps to nullify the amount of possession Leicester get in our final third, Dyer can't hurt you if he's having to come deeper to pick up the ball, that's when you get the chance to get tighter and not let him turn. Having said that Wisdom still has to do much better I'm not denying that, I just think that Hendrick position was where a lot of the danger sprang from and we didn't adjust to deal with it.

No we are not, Wisdom was poor, but you also have to look at the source of good ball dyer got down the left, he doesn't just magically pick the ball up and run at Wisdom, Leicester got time and space to spread the ball out to him, play him in behind, and this came from Leicester winning far too much 2nd ball in front of our back 4. Wisdom has to do far better, but we needed to be clever and break the play up far more effectively, that helps to nullify the amount of possession Leicester get in our final third, Dyer can't hurt you if he's having to come deeper to pick up the ball, that's when you get the chance to get tighter and not let him turn. Having said that Wisdom still has to do much better I'm not denying that, I just think that Hendrick position was where a lot of the danger sprang from and we didn't adjust to deal with it.

Fair enough but Bryson was on Dyers side of the field. I'm not saying Hendrick played well but I feel Eustace was leggy recently and Cisse is not used. Maybe Cisse should have played. To be honest the team had an off day but we have to move on and it's a test from now on as it's been all season. Keogh would be a welcome return IMO

I thought Keane was worst player, was absent when most danger threatened and fluffed it when should cleared for 2nd.

Not the end of the world.

I thought Leicester played it down the flanks and avoided midfield, similar to Wigan in some respects.

Meant full backs occupied and made us rely on Ward to supply pace and wing play - waste of time !

Ward too petulant and inneffective again...give Bennett a go.

Agree, Keane always seemed to be on the wrong side of his man also. The 2nd goal was entirely his fault...

Just got back from Shitster and jesus christ! Never seen more of an inept bunch of buffoons trying to play football than tonight. I don't know what we were doing but it looked like 11 men in a Zumba class; all running around with no direction waving their arms around (if you haven't been to a Zumba class I reccomend it. I know someone who runs classes so if you're interested  please contact me). Anyway they were all screaming and blaming each other because no one had the testicles to take the game by the scruff of the neck and show some PASSION!!!!!!! Like its only our biggest derby bar Stoke who we never get to play nowadays so at least show you want to be wearing the skin tight white shirt!!! And don't get me started on the brolly wielding, accent conjouring twonk on the sideline who stood there motionless for 90 minutes counting the money gliding into his bank account. God knows what he was shouting but it was probably some Dutch bullshit as the players didnt seem to listen or notice the ginger marsupial on the side. The trauma I suffered tonight makes me never want to leave Spondon again.

The only thing more shocking than our performance tonight was McClaren's hairline :blink: :blink:

#McClarenOut!!

TobyWanKenobi

Leicester far an away the best team in the league. There's no shame in getting beat. There was some shame in one or two of Buckos decisions, but he's done well enough lately to earn a bit of slack. Some other players played below they ability too, but it's difficult to show you're stuff when the other team has the ball.

We have a week before Brigton at home, a game we should be expecting to win. Lets wait until that one before we write ourselves off as **** for losing to a team that are dead certs for promotion.

we where ******* poor tonight and tbh we have no plan b still i agree hughes was **** but Hendrick was worse! wtf he thought he was doing was beyond me , i didnt expect to win but i didnt expect a ******* good hiidng either this is not what we want we need to sort this out now! a midfielder now is needed and not some up and coming a proper proven midfielder i dont know who but i dont get paid to know that,tonight was **** end off

Some things never change. Remember we lost there 4-0(?) and we made them look world class. We had Howard beating two defenders like a young Ronaldinho.

We must be Leicester's favourite team. How can they hate us? I'd love them if it was the other way

Savage?!

Agree though, very surprised not to see wisdom or Cisse, or even both in a (whisper it quietly) change of formation

Hahaha Savage did fill one element of that criteria- Mouthy. 

But one of the criteria he failed to match was- footballer.

Just got back from Shitster and jesus christ! Never seen more of an inept bunch of buffoons trying to play football than tonight. I don't know what we were doing but it looked like 11 men in a Zumba class; all running around with no direction waving their arms around (if you haven't been to a Zumba class I reccomend it. I know someone who runs classes so if you're interested  please contact me). Anyway they were all screaming and blaming each other because no one had the testicles to take the game by the scruff of the neck and show some PASSION!!!!!!! Like its only our biggest derby bar Stoke who we never get to play nowadays so at least show you want to be wearing the skin tight white shirt!!! And don't get me started on the brolly wielding, accent conjouring twonk on the sideline who stood there motionless for 90 minutes counting the money gliding into his bank account. God knows what he was shouting but it was probably some Dutch bullshit as the players didnt seem to listen or notice the ginger marsupial on the side. The trauma I suffered tonight makes me never want to leave Spondon again.

The only thing more shocking than our performance tonight was McClaren's hairline :blink: :blink:

#McClarenOut!!

That was such a good rant I'm tempted to go and find your other 19 posts!!

#McClarenOut!!

What utter tosh.

We have to hold our hands up here,Leicester are a very very good side.

Their team has played together for years,and it showed.

Admittedly we were tosh,but credit where credits due,they were great.

At the end of the day they have spent millions on players and we just had an off night but that happens in football it's how we respond that matters.

They have got a very good team.

So have we, but some players looked a little leggy and we missed Keogh I feel.  Agree we are missing cover for Eustace.  

The commentators all said they understood why he played Hendrick (needed pace and power in the DCM role against Leicester) but it didn't work. Sometimes things don't work. McClaren would never have known if Hendrick could play that role until he tried. 

We need to reset expectations to where they were when McClaren came in.  A good run at 6th was the aim. We're on course for that. 

I think we will make the play-offs this season. And if we get promoted I will be over the moon. But if we don't, I'll still think this has been a season of real progress,

Archived