Jamie Ward

Day

foooksake..

grow up ..

the lot onya..

Oh Mossy, where is your sense of fun. Nothing better than seeing grown men turning every single thread into a playground argument.

Just as DCFC once issued the Ram masks to all comers, rumour has it that dcfcfans are considering issuing everyone with a handbag on entry to the fourm...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pay no more attention to Eddie's posts than I do those of any other poster.

I also didn't say "have a go". I said "take away from" as in belittling their current achievements. Countless times I've seen you mention the fact that there was nothing particularly special about our recent streak, that Clough could could have done it if it weren't for Sam Rush (by the way, your vendetta against him is pretty pathetic). Not only is this incorrect, it also does a major disservice to the current regime who are the best thing to happen to this club in years. The vast majority of the posters here would not disagree.

I'm not saying Ward's a bad player either but, to use a hot phrase in this thread, "anyone who goes to games" can see his application and consistency leave a lot to be desired. His decision-making is also poor and, if he does lose the ball, he'll either give up or go and assault the player.

Passion and sentiment don't really have an effect on how good a player is, so the fact he's scored some important goals in the past and that he can be a little b**tard is completely irrelevant to this moment in time and our current promotion push.

I don't even dislike Ward. I just think we could do better.

Unfortunately you're making it up Scott. I'm assuming you saw how angry I was for the first couple of weeks and now won't ever forget that, no matter what I actually write.

I can't debate something when you're making up my point of view.

Go to my profile, check my content, it's faster if you do posts only and then come back and either post honestly or tell me on PM which one of those countless occasions I've said McC's run is nothing special.

In fact find me any negative post at all.

Unfortunately you're making it up Scott. I'm assuming you saw how angry I was for the first couple of weeks and now won't ever forget that, no matter what I actually write.

I can't debate something when you're making up my point of view.

Go to my profile, check my content, it's faster if you do posts only and then come back and either post honestly or tell me on PM which one of those countless occasions I've said McC's run is nothing special.

In fact find me any negative post at all.

I highly doubt that. Many people were angry during the weeks after NC's sacking. The reason you stick in my mind is because I've seen posts more recently, whereas other poster's who shared the same views have "converted", if you will.

As for finding evidence, I have a million and one things I'd rather be doing than going through your posts tonight. So that won't be happening.

Ward's playing dire at the mo, he knows it, which is why I fully expect him to turn it around, this is his last chance saloon, make it with us or his career will fade with a transfer to a lesser club, I hope he pulls through....and after aaallllll he's our Jamieeeeeee Waaaaaarrrddd!!!!!!

Ward's playing dire at the mo, he knows it, which is why I fully expect him to turn it around, this is his last chance saloon, make it with us or his career will fade with a transfer to a lesser club, I hope he pulls through....and after aaallllll he's our Jamieeeeeee Waaaaaarrrddd!!!!!!

Yeah but d'you really think he'd consider Forest - the thought would be enough to buck anyone's idea up!

Jamie Ward has always struck me as a player who likes to feel "wanted". It was the same at Sheff U and he's said it himself numerous times after Clough signed him.

I think the ticking down of his contract is affecting him, physcologically somehow?

We all know he's a good player and is somebody who you would rather have on your side than not, but until it's decided whether to renew his contract, I think his current form will continue.

He can still be a major part of our team - I would be sorry to see him go somewhere else.

Silly me for thinking this was an adult forum!

Pfft, we're not even allowed to post pictures of nipples.

Oh, that's not what you meant...

As for Ward, has anyone seen him really drive at and beat a man for pace since coming back from his last injury? If anything's going to effect him psychologically it'll be his injuries. Not going all out in his running.

He has scored some goals, mainly when he's drifted into the centre as opposed to being out wide.

Dawkins comparison - the ball seems to stick to Dawkins a bit better, he has more pace and can change gears quicker. He has that habit of being able to run into trouble, but often still come out with the ball - when Ward gets caught in two minds and runs into trouble he has a tendency to get pushed off it and give the ball away (although he'll usually get up to chase it back down).

Archived