Jamie Ward

Day

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll play because we have very few options at the moment. 

Bennett unfortunately isn't there just yet, but I must say did impress me for the 30 or so minutes he was on for today, looked a much more attacking threat than Ward and gave Cole a few problems. Russell obviously has the injury and would probably start over him. If we could get £500,000+ for Ward I'd be more than happy to sell.

As in when you are playing against a team of that calibre, you do the basics right, you get ya foot on the ball and retain possession for your team, you don't try stupid dummies ambitious first time flicks and the rest when your team is under the cosh. You get away with it in the championship quite a bit because you tend to get a chance to win the ball back. When you play against opposition like Chelsea you don't see the ball again for long spells. So yes he got found out, he wanted to be stand out rather than a team player. I've never been a fan, I don't like him, and I'm entitled to my opinion, that I wouldn't be disappointed to see him go, he doesn't give us enough.

As in when you are playing against a team of that calibre, you do the basics right, you get ya foot on the ball and retain possession for your team, you don't try stupid dummies ambitious first time flicks and the rest when your team is under the cosh. You get away with it in the championship quite a bit because you tend to get a chance to win the ball back. When you play against opposition like Chelsea you don't see the ball again for long spells. So yes he got found out, he wanted to be stand out rather than a team player. I've never been a fan, I don't like him, and I'm entitled to my opinion, that I wouldn't be disappointed to see him go, he doesn't give us enough.

When you're playing against a side of that calibre, you try and strive and battle like hell to keep your head above water. 

They all did, and deserve credit for it.

Anything else anyone can show on top is a bonus.

Judging Wardy on that today says more about your not liking him than his performance. 

I'm not just judging it on today, I'm judging it on what I've seen of him both live and on tv. He's a greedy player who can occasionally

Give you a flash of brilliance, but generally you get more dross than brilliance, I don't like those type of players.

Thought both wingers did ok; against class players, I think a sign of how well they did was reflected by how they restricted chelsea full backs playing down the flanks which is usually good outlet for them.

I think wards problem is that he has set a high standard for himself, and people dont judge him on his alround game. It's not him who picks the free kick or corner takers, thats the managers job and shows the lack of depth we have in that area.

We need a scape goat though, may as well be him :-(

It's just his decision making. He's got ability. But he'll try something extravagant when there's other options.

Used to be great when he was all we had to attack with because it was only him and his extravagance that got us over the halfway line.

We've just improved. Caught him up. Now he's got similar players around him. Options. Now he's got options though he hasn't changed his style.

We've got better and he's stayed the same. He's still doing what he did when he won us games.

Watch the goal at Yeovil with all the passes. How often do you see Ward keep it simple like that? That's what he needs in his game right now.

I wouldn't say sell him. I'd say he just needs to change his game slightly. Tone it down. We don't need him to do it all anymore.

And ban him from set pieces

Thought both wingers did ok; against class players, I think a sign of how well they did was reflected by how they restricted chelsea full backs playing down the flanks which is usually good outlet for them.

I think wards problem is that he has set a high standard for himself, and people dont judge him on his alround game. It's not him who picks the free kick or corner takers, thats the managers job and shows the lack of depth we have in that area.

We need a scape goat though, may as well be him :-(

Ah the old scapegoat if opinion differs from others argument. I generally like your posts Leeds Ram but this one sets me teeth off.

Note that most of the " Ward isnt very good right now" posters give a sincere and in most cases factual side of their argument.

I can tell you without looking it up that V Wigan Ward gave the ball away three times in succession putting us on the back foot.

V Chelsea not one of his corners beat 1st player. He gave away a free kick in a lethal area for them to attack. They scored from that free kick.

Its a familar pattern with him. His bad corners and free kicks and giving the ball away have been there quite a while. I think its fair to say his bad corners and freekicks outweigh the good.

Most of us if not all of us want DCFC to get promoted sometime soon. Well in that case we need either a) better from him or b) better than him.

It doesnt matter that " he has been a good player for us"! Once he stops being then we should consider our options on him. Every successfull manager/ coach looks for better players than they have.

Ah the old scapegoat if opinion differs from others argument. I generally like your posts Leeds Ram but this one sets me teeth off.

Note that most of the " Ward isnt very good right now" posters give a sincere and in most cases factual side of their argument.

I can tell you without looking it up that V Wigan Ward gave the ball away three times in succession putting us on the back foot.

V Chelsea not one of his corners beat 1st player. He gave away a free kick in a lethal area for them to attack. They scored from that free kick.

Its a familar pattern with him. His bad corners and free kicks and giving the ball away have been there quite a while. I think its fair to say his bad corners and freekicks outweigh the good.

Most of us if not all of us want DCFC to get promoted sometime soon. Well in that case we need either a) better from him or b) better than him.

It doesnt matter that " he has been a good player for us"! Once he stops being then we should consider our options on him. Every successfull manager/ coach looks for better players than they have.

I like Ward but I must say no-one can argue with that as a well explained point of view.

I like your posts to, including this one :-)

However a scape goat to me isnt someone giving an opinion on how they played, but commenting that he doesn't try, should be sold straight away, doesnt care etc are.

Ward on top form is unplayable is this league, admittedly he has been up to his normal standards, but some of the comments against him imo are over the top.

I would have no qualms about him being dropped, but I would rather see him in our team/squad than playing against us....IMO of course.

Completely agree with this, but only after the first 30 minutes. He started doing all the right things, but got cocky IMO and tried all the Hollywood stuff again. Ridiculous challenge for the free kick. Should never take a corner for Derby again too. Could be a useful impact sub for the rest of the season. 

Hey

Let's try something revolutionary.

Let's try and give all the players wearing the shirt 100% support.

I am sure that Ward did not want to hit the first man with every corner or commit that foul in a dangerous area.

We as fans can make the difference, I am OK with opinions like I would prefer X player over Y player in the side, but let's try and stay away from "not good enough" "doesn't play for the shirt" etc.

It seems all fans love a scapegoat on whom to blame the defeat, I repeat let's be revolutionary and support the team 100% and minimise the moaning.  This is a young team from which a great team could grow.

I now stand down off my soapbox

Revolution? That would be playing 4-3-3 with attacking fullbacks, scoring 40 umpteen goals at half way, getting into a serious promotional push position, bringing in really decent exciting England U21 Internationals, coaching players who not too far back looked little better than Taverners League players into proper players who understand their position and role in the team! Imagine all this and at DCFC! Revolution indeed.

Derby fans will support the team through a little thick and a fair ammount of thin. When we are doing well its an amazing club to support! But fans revolution? Leave off. We are entitled to our opinions...some good..many daft. I will say again that having a well balanced opinion of a player who isnt cutting it does not make him necessarily a scapegoat Bingy. The bar has been considerably raised since the new coaching team arrived and with it comes demands on players. There litterally is no place in a team seeking success for current underachievers no matter what their past at the club has hailed.

Archived