Jamie Ward

David

It's not 'god-like infallibility' in general - but it's certainly up there when compared to you.

:lol:

50% of your posts are you correcting people for fickleness or arrogance, even when it isn't there. 

For example that interaction with Stockholm was ridiculous! You highlighted one sentence of his post and called him arrogant (basically because he disagreed with you) when he was effectively just using a phrase that anyone would use, no malicious intent behind it while ignoring the rest of the post, all the while taking the moral high ground. Stock's response to it was spot on, just think about how react to people posts and take a pinch of salt.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can we afford passengers for this amount of gametime? I don't think we can anymore.

You've got a point, especially when he's a temperamental character.  But ultimately I trust Mac on this, he'll have had to deal with bigger ego's and problems than Ward, importantly seen how Ferguson dealt with them.

Not a fan of Jamie Ward personally. Far too predictible. Down left, cut in on right, have a shot. 1 in 30 probably come off. 

If he'd be willing to be a squad player, and accept being behind Russell and Dawkins. then great. But I don't get that impression. 

I'd like to see Bennett and Jacobs come in at some point, and get some game time. They'll almost certainly be the future. 

:lol:

50% of your posts are you correcting people for fickleness or arrogance, even when it isn't there. 

For example that interaction with Stockholm was ridiculous! You highlighted one sentence of his post and called him arrogant (basically because he disagreed with you) when he was effectively just using a phrase that anyone would use, no malicious intent behind it while ignoring the rest of the post, all the while taking the moral high ground. Stock's response to it was spot on, just think about how react to people posts and take a pinch of salt.

Didn't call him arrogant at all - I said that one phrase smacked of arrogance.

If I might be so bold as to refresh your memory, I posted "I guess we need a scapegoat". It wasn't posted to anyone in general, but then Stockholm came back with a full three paragraph tirade which started with "Anyone who watches Derby County can see he's not playing well". I would like to emphasise the point 'anyone who watches Derby County' - and this is a phrase uttered by someone living in Stockholm. Well, sometimes he CLAIMS to live in Stockholm. In other words, one person who perhaps does, perhaps doesn't watch Derby County is making a generalisation about the conclusions drawn by ANYONE who watches Derby County.

He then goes on to criticise Ward (in the same post to me) for being selfish, and concludes with "Sell him now. Call Nigel. They get on well. If as reported Bamford is coming then he wont get picked anyway. Throw another strop, be in a bad mood around the place. Not what we need."

Now I don't know about you, but I watch Derby County at home, I watch Derby County away - and what I see is a player who is low on confidence and out of form, but he is also a player who can change a game in a second. A poster (Stockholm Ram) went off on a bit of a rant, I picked him up to say 'don't generalise - you don't speak for me' and then you basically couldn't resist throwing your own two pennyworth in - presumably because I took the piss out of something you said on a previous occasion.

I don't tell anyone what they think. Equally, I am not so arrogant as to tell anyone what they ought to think. I don't make generalised sweeping statements either. 

Ward's attitude is poor to be quite honest. He does too many things wrong in a game. Flashes of brilliance but we need more consistency in his teamwork. I am sick of seeing him attempt the touch with the outside of his boot flicking the ball through the players legs. It is totally unnecessary and almost always leads to him losing possession or spoiling a counter attack.

He is a squad player for me. Doesn't deserve a place in the starting line up. Changes his attitude and he really would be one of the best in the league. But changing a selfish player with a poor attitude is very difficult. Even when it is achieved it can take a very long time. I don't think we should be wasting any more time on his potential or ability to change his attitude.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Jacobs comes back. I always thought Jacobs was the natural successor to Ward.

+ Those set pieces. They are absolutely terrible. If we have someone half decent we could easily have another 10-15 goals a season.

I was chatting to a wolves fan yesterday

Didn't rate Jacobs

No idea where this panic is coming from about Jamie Ward, from both sides of the fence. I don't see him turning into a scapegoat or the fans suddenly turning on him, but I also don't seem him as the weak link in the side. The truth lies somewhere in between, I feel.

I've always thought Ward is easily replaced. There's almost an endless supply of inconsistent but talented attacking players in English football. He's a good player at this level, and in many ways he's been better than Commons, who only ever made an impact in around 10% of our games in any one season with his mixture of injuries and inconsistency.

On his day, Commons was better, but his "day" would only come between even longer intervals of doing absolutely nothing. I think Ward has been a really good replacement for him.

Tot up the points Ward has won for us over the past couple of years and I think you'd be impressed. He's no prolific goal-scorer, but he has a knack of scoring important goals. A lot of it comes from being brave - even when he has an off day along with the rest of the team, he still wants the ball and tries to make things happen. His attitude stinks? My absolute arse.

All that said - his stubborn approach is often his downfall as much as a blessing for him, and he fades away at the end of matches. Every now and again, he plays an absolute stinker, and it's why he's such a frustrating player.

Is he becoming a scapegoat? No, not at all. One thread analysing his strengths and weakness on a discussion forum doesn't turn him into the next Gary Teale, and he will never ever be like that with the Derby fans.

If we get promoted, there will be a time when we evaluate every single player like in this thread.

I really don't think this is a subject matter worth falling out over.

I was chatting to a wolves fan yesterday

Didn't rate Jacobs

Obviously not a Wolves fan who went to Tranmere yesterday then. Jacobs was (apparently) twice denied by brilliant saves and laid on the equaliser.

It was yesterday morning,so he probably thinks he's the dogs taters now

A pal of mine, a Wolves season ticket holder since the days of Dougan and Richards I sometimes work with (yes, another old fart like me) thinks that he is 'oooroight' - which coming from him is praise indeed.

My view on Jamie Ward is that he stood out in a couple of pretty poor sides that had nobody else to really match his ability, if he did two or three good things a game we all stood up shooting our load everywhere (except the ladies, they gushed) now we have a team where 5,6,7 players can and do produce something very good or even brilliant per game and he doesn't stand out like he used to. Whilst he still has the ability to perform, we as a team are currently out growing Jamie Ward rapidly.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/13987/Show/Jamie-Ward

Is an overview of his performances this season

and

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/13987/Fixtures/Jamie-Ward

Shows his impact on all our fixtures this season. You can see that he impacted the game very little towards the start of the season then really got going in the middle part and now his form has dipped again.

So everyone saying he is having a blip, these stats back that up. Hopefully he can bounce back and start playing well again. If we sign Dawkins on a permanent deal I think it will be the beginning of the decline to his Derby career, he may even leave in January for first team football if we do sign Dawkins in the window on a permanent.  

Everyone has dips in form...not long ago we were slating hendrick then he had a spell on the sidelines and then came back and was then a star until his injury...Just play wardy as an impact player of the bench for a bit and let him rest....Still scored goals recently regardless of his performance

Most infuriating player in our team.

Done very little for a while now but this probably stands out even more due to the reliance placed on him in previous seasons.

Have absolutely no idea why he is let anywhere near our set pieces, complete waste of time.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/13987/Show/Jamie-Ward

Is an overview of his performances this season

and

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/13987/Fixtures/Jamie-Ward

Shows his impact on all our fixtures this season. You can see that he impacted the game very little towards the start of the season then really got going in the middle part and now his form has dipped again.

So everyone saying he is having a blip, these stats back that up. Hopefully he can bounce back and start playing well again. If we sign Dawkins on a permanent deal I think it will be the beginning of the decline to his Derby career, he may even leave in January for first team football if we do sign Dawkins in the window on a permanent.

That second link just shows what ****** people are talking.

He has scored 7 goals since schteve arrived.....same as bryson.

Archived