Jamie Ward

Day

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we need a scapegoat.

Quite unfair comment Eddie. Anyone who watches Derby can see he is not playing well. He has skill and talent to burn but for whatever reason ( my guess is temprement) its is not coming through anything like as much as we require. He has the talent required to play in the top flight of English football when on top form so it begs the question why st 27 years old he has spent his career not playing up there.

For a team that plays 4-3-3 it needs players who will track back, bust a gut, then get forward, then back again and run, work their backsides off. Ball retention is key. He didnt do much of that today. And quite frankly his idea of defence is to extrsct revenge for some earlier punished or unpunished misdemeanour by the opposition and plunge us back into defence. Selfish.

Sell him now. Call Nigel. They get on well. If as reported Bamford is coming then he wont get picked anyway. Throw another strop, be in a bad mood around the place. Not what we need.

poor this is. His gone from being our most important player to 'get rid of him'. His forms dipped yes but everyones form (apart from Bryson and Bucko) dips. Put him on the bench for a few games then when he comes back he will be as good as he has been. 

I sometimes get annoyed when we're trying to settle and he attempts one of his runs and ambitious shots and it just hands the ball back to the keeper. Him and Dawkins frustrate me with their shooting. Ward's set pieces are ***** too

Doesn't seem like long ago he was our only method of attacking.

He's not as key as he once was would you really want to see him playing against you?

Quite unfair comment Eddie. Anyone who watches Derby can see he is not playing well. He has skill and talent to burn but for whatever reason ( my guess is temprement) its is not coming through anything like as much as we require. He has the talent required to play in the top flight of English football when on top form so it begs the question why st 27 years old he has spent his career not playing up there.

For a team that plays 4-3-3 it needs players who will track back, bust a gut, then get forward, then back again and run, work their backsides off. Ball retention is key. He didnt do much of that today. And quite frankly his idea of defence is to extrsct revenge for some earlier punished or unpunished misdemeanour by the opposition and plunge us back into defence. Selfish.

Sell him now. Call Nigel. They get on well. If as reported Bamford is coming then he wont get picked anyway. Throw another strop, be in a bad mood around the place. Not what we need.

Really?

Unfair?

Also, the arrogance in the comment I highlighted is palpable.

He's frustrating, yes, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to sell him. He's a great option to have and every now and again, he produces something special. He's a great tool for winding the opposition up too - other than Chris Martin, we have no players like that.

I would take a decent offer though. He does have his drawbacks and players like him are easily replaced.

Archived