Jamie Ward

David

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sat firmly on the fence on this one. I've always liked Ward, but it has to be said that this season he's infuriated me to the point of madness.

I might read one post in this thread saying something like 'He's too inconsistent and can be a passenger'. and I agree with that. Then I'll read the next post rebutting those points and I agree with that too.

Is that Ward being an enigma or me being weak-minded and indecisive? Probably the latter, but I just don't know where I stand on this one.

Hence sitting on the fence.

He frustrates me too but as someone has alluded earlier he scores goals and his talent allows him at times to take a game by scruff of neck.

And if people are offended by the way he went off yesterday. I would rather have him do that than not give a flying **** and sit there and be miserable.

The arrogance is making a sweeping judgement yourself and then projecting that statement as a universal truth. I can see it, ergo so can everyone. It's also not ALL your comments - just one sentence in one where you were setting yourself up as a spokesman. 

Perhaps something got lost in translation.

A " sweeping judgement"? Ok then he is playing brilliantly. Yesterday he didnt give the ball away at least ten times at all. He was Messiesque in everything he did!!!!

Jeez...im simply saying what I see, what I hear too. He is having shockers. If you or anyone watching Derby think otherwise then im not going to argue but I will however look at your ability to judge a players form in poor light.

Arrogant my jacksie.

And jumping straight in judging peoples questioning of him as " scapgoat" isnt sweeping assumption either?

On his day he can be very good, however those come for too infrequently and he should really be able to contribute to the team even when hes not on his top form and so if we can upgrade i'd certainly let him go if the right offer came in

Theres only space for one player in the ward mould in a team as he is supposed to be the one who gives you the edge in a tight game such as yesterday against wigan, if we are to seriously push for promotion, we need someone who can get a goal from nothing, a player in the kris commons type mould

On his day he can be very good, however those come for too infrequently and he should really be able to contribute to the team even when hes not on his top form and so if we can upgrade i'd certainly let him go if the right offer came in

Theres only space for one player in the ward mould in a team as he is supposed to be the one who gives you the edge in a tight game such as yesterday against wigan, if we are to seriously push for promotion, we need someone who can get a goal from nothing, a player in the kris commons type mould

Swap Bryson for Commons?

I'm staggered to be reading that Jamie Ward is selfish and has a poor attitude. Staggered and disappointed.

He's been our narky little Jamie for bloody ages. I'm sure a couple of games ago he'd had a run of scoring 4 in 5 or something like that, not to mnetion how many he's laid on a plate for Chris Martin or Bryson.

Blimey but we're suddenly getting ideas that Jamie Ward isn't good enough for us but Simon Dawkins is? 23 appearances this season and we're in the play offs but he's not good enough.

Oh my but we're a fickle fickle group.

Jamie Ward, if you're reading this sunshine, I'd still have you in my starting 11 every single week. It'll be a sad day if we turn on him after he's given us everything he's got. Sad but I have to say not surprising.

I really don't get this Dawkins love in. I guess I've got to get used to being the controversial one around here.

Oh, stop being so self-righteous.

People have an opinion which doesn't match yours - so be it. I bet you only carry that opinion because he was one of Clough's golden boys and you're always the first one to defend the previous regime/take away from the current one.

Back on topic, I'd get rid as soon as someone offered a decent sum. Both Russell and Dawkins are more consistent and have more potential (IMO). Not to mention, we have Bennett and Jacobs (who I hope has a future here) as back-up, if needs be. Ward has stood out in a poor team for years and, now we have a good team, he very often stands out for being below-par.

Ward has never been one of those 7/10 merchants - with him it's either a 5 or a 9 and for that reason, given the improvement in the squad I feel a place on the bench as an impact player is where his value now lies. He's still capable of frightening the life out of a tiring defence (much more in my view than Sammon) and for that reason I would give him another 12 months - purely on the understanding that he retreats the full 10 yards at every one of OUR free kicks!

Maybe part of the reason for his inconsistency is down to how he fails to manage his frustrations - lose the ball and he's just as likely to launch a full physical assault on the opposition as win the ball back!

Sounds as though I might not be the only one on here with some misgivings about Dawkins? Unlike Russell, I'm beginning to wonder if he isn't just a bit too selfish onthe ball - too slow to spot when the better option is a quick pass to trying to dribble through an entire defence. Perhaps still early days but the more I see the less impressed I am

Oh, stop being so self-righteous.

People have an opinion which doesn't match yours - so be it. I bet you only carry that opinion because he was one of Clough's golden boys and you're always the first one to defend the previous regime/take away from the current one.

Back on topic, I'd get rid as soon as someone offered a decent sum. Both Russell and Dawkins are more consistent and have more potential (IMO). Not to mention, we have Bennett and Jacobs (who I hope has a future here) as back-up, if needs be. Ward has stood out in a poor team for years and, now we have a good team, he very often stands out for being below-par.

Is that for real? I think you've been paying too much attention to what Eddie tells you I'm writing and what I actually am writing.

Find me those posts where I've "had a go" at the current regime, aside from Sam Rush. They don't exist.

With Jamie Ward I'm sticking up for a player who's done more than a decent job for us and that's self righteous and taking away from the current regime?

You can bet what you want bonnie lad, you'd be wrong. I'm defending him cos I like him, nowt to do with regimes and everything to do with Jamie Ward.

Nearly 100 games for the club, 28 goals and a lot of quality and hard work as well as some massive massive goals for us. I also love his narkiness and have said that for the last 3 years, but you carry on reading into things how you want.

Suddenly Jamie Ward has got a poor attitude? Give over and then let me have an opinion which doesn't match with others.

I like to see a bit of loyalty and respect from football fans. I'm incredibly self righteous like that.

Is that for real? I think you've been paying too much attention to what Eddie tells you I'm writing and what I actually am writing.

Cock

Edit:

and balls

Cock

Sorry Eddie but you've got to admit you're being a bit judgemental towards me on footballing issues lately.

Even on here, it seems there needs to be a scapegoat ;-)

I won't take offence at the cock bit cos it's only lately you've lost the plot, you'll get back your real eddieness soon and we'll be fine.

Find me those posts where I've "had a go" at the current regime, aside from Sam Rush. They don't exist.

With Jamie Ward I'm sticking up for a player who's done more than a decent job for us and that's self righteous and taking away from the current regime?

You can bet what you want bonnie lad, you'd be wrong. I'm defending him cos I like him, nowt to do with regimes and everything to do with Jamie Ward.

Nearly 100 games for the club, 28 goals and a lot of quality and hard work as well as some massive massive goals for us. I also love his narkiness and have said that for the last 3 years, but you carry on reading into things how you want.

Suddenly Jamie Ward has got a poor attitude? Give over and then let me have an opinion which doesn't match with others.

I like to see a bit of loyalty and respect from football fans. I'm incredibly self righteous like that.

I pay no more attention to Eddie's posts than I do those of any other poster.

I also didn't say "have a go". I said "take away from" as in belittling their current achievements. Countless times I've seen you mention the fact that there was nothing particularly special about our recent streak, that Clough could could have done it if it weren't for Sam Rush (by the way, your vendetta against him is pretty pathetic). Not only is this incorrect, it also does a major disservice to the current regime who are the best thing to happen to this club in years. The vast majority of the posters here would not disagree.

I'm not saying Ward's a bad player either but, to use a hot phrase in this thread, "anyone who goes to games" can see his application and consistency leave a lot to be desired. His decision-making is also poor and, if he does lose the ball, he'll either give up or go and assault the player.

Passion and sentiment don't really have an effect on how good a player is, so the fact he's scored some important goals in the past and that he can be a little b**tard is completely irrelevant to this moment in time and our current promotion push.

I don't even dislike Ward. I just think we could do better.

Sorry Eddie but you've got to admit you're being a bit judgemental towards me on footballing issues lately.

Even on here, it seems their needs to be a scapegoat ;-)

I won't take offence at the cock bit cos it's only lately you've lost the plot, you'll get back your real eddieness soon and we'll be fine.

I've replied to one of your posts, I think, and then you went so fecking crazy with everyone as to cause the best part of half a thread to have to be deleted. Get back on bloody ignore, where the idiots and crazies belong.

Archived