Nigel Clough Job Prediction Thread

Day

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheffield United’s search for David Weir’s replacement took a fresh twist last night.

It was claimed that Nigel Clough, one of the leading contenders for the role, would prefer to reach a settlement with his former club Derby County before re-entering management.

Although Clough is known to be interested in exploring the possibility of taking charge at Bramall Lane, sources close to the 47-year-old last night reported he is uneasy about the prospect of securing a new job while talks with Pride Park officials are still on-going. - http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-snag-hits-move-for-clough-1-6143810

Sheffield United’s search for David Weir’s replacement took a fresh twist last night.

It was claimed that Nigel Clough, one of the leading contenders for the role, would prefer to reach a settlement with his former club Derby County before re-entering management.

Although Clough is known to be interested in exploring the possibility of taking charge at Bramall Lane, sources close to the 47-year-old last night reported he is uneasy about the prospect of securing a new job while talks with Pride Park officials are still on-going. - http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-snag-hits-move-for-clough-1-6143810

Wants the gardening club back?

Blade's fans are rivaling our dear neighbours in the delusional stakes atm.

A quick read of their message board and it seem's the vast majority think they can get some one like; Di Matteo, O'Neill, Pulis never mind pinching the managers from the top of their league. I take it they haven't realised their rock bottom of league one with ***** gates.

I hope he doesn't join these no marks. 

But Sheffield United wouldn't be a great opportunity for Nigel Clough,

Well it probably would tbf. But thousands of flat cap whippet walkers moaning in your ear every week about keeping up appearances? No ta.

Poor Nigel will get the job and then the fans will probably realise they're in League 1. They're gonna find out sooner or later.

Sheffield Star thinks it's imminent, Cloughie all over the back page.

But the DET says he's not applying?

And the announcrments today is it?

Mmmmmm.

just read that his move to Sheff Utd could be off becuase he is in a dispute with us over a 400k payoff :o

Ha!

Journalist Exam: final question;

Steven has a mole hill. How does Daniel turn this into a mountain? Use 300 words or more.

I really hope he gets this job.

Sheffield United are a great great club, if the Rams dissapeared (which has come almost happened a few times!) then they would definitely be the team I would follow.

Brilliant, proper football stadium, great support (better than our away support even now!) and without doubt, and this is somethign that is impossible to argue against, the best football song ever...."greasy chip buttie...."

I really hope he gets this job.

Sheffield United are a great great club, if the Rams dissapeared (which has come almost happened a few times!) then they would definitely be the team I would follow.

Brilliant, proper football stadium, great support (better than our away support even now!) and without doubt, and this is somethign that is impossible to argue against, the best football song ever...."greasy chip buttie...."

hang your head in shame.

why...?

because they are a real club with a real ground and real fans and a great song.....

and on top of that....they hate the pigs. (i have always hated Sheff Wendys for no reason at all)

I am of course, half-joking. I think if Derby County didn't exist, it would be a very very very long time until I considered myself a supporter of another team! I have the Ram tattooed on me twice, although the one which looked like a crippled bunny rabbit's love child, fathered by a moose, has been covered up!

I could see myself going to local football should I ever live too far away to get to Derby games, but I already think I will do that should work take me far away.

My ex-Mrs is a Sheff Weds fan, and the funny thing is, she calls the blades "Piggies", the fact that they both call each other pigs (shirts like butcher's aprons, apparently), has always amused me!!

Should Derby cease to exist, I would just become a football fan, a bit like Bris

Archived