Nigel Clough Job Prediction Thread

Day

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reads to me like he is shopping himself, although there are no quotes from either side and nothing factual, in fact it's a " we understand" report. Which implies it could be based on a rumour

Well if Clough wants 400k compo, does that mean he was only on about 5.5k a week?

is that on top of his salary?

I was told that Clough's salary was heavily incentivised to tie in with budgets and savings, I'd imagine he'd think he's entitled to certain bonuses.

If the club owes Clough even one penny they should pay up with grace and thank him. He was not sacked for misconduct, the opposite in fact, he'd done pretty much as the board had asked of him, so close the story down now.

Pay the bloke his dues and move on.

Why you so worried about this I'm sure he'll survive.

the club are well within their right to continue to pay him weekly/monthly as per the terms of his contract. Nobody would argue this is the right thing to do.

Totally agree. That's why i said IF.they owe him owt. I have absolutely no idea of the terms of his contract in relation to early termination of it.

Sounds reasonable to me.

I imagine Schteve will be on atleast double that! 

I would be surprised if McLaren were on that. Very few Championship clubs in their right mind would have offered him a management role after some high profile failures.

Archived