Is that the best Rams come back ever

Curtains

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno – in terms of the amount of goals and the "Roy Of The Rovers" story about McClaren in the dressing room at half-time, then maybe

However let's not get carried away – basically we gave away 4 sloppy goals, but apart from that we easily outplayed Ipswich over 90 minutes.

In my mind, it was never in doubt once we got the second early in the second half that we would get back in it. I actually thought we'd win 5-4

We were 0-3 down to Middlesbrough once, think we bought on either Christie or Strupar with Kinkladze at 0-3 down. Came back to draw 3-3 with around 20 minutes to go.

Weird how some games you just know you can get back in it, and others it's a dead loss. That game against 'boro, you just knew as soon as Kinki and Strupar/Christie came on we'd get back in it.

Saying that, there was no sign at all that we'd come back to draw 3-3, I was already walking down at 1-3, by the time I got down them it was 3-3.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/912672.stm (Christie came on with Kinki).

We were 0-3 down to Middlesbrough once, think we bought on either Christie or Strupar with Kinkladze at 0-3 down. Came back to draw 3-3 with around 20 minutes to go.

Weird how some games you just know you can get back in it, and others it's a dead loss. That game against 'boro, you just knew as soon as Kinki and Strupar/Christie came on we'd get back in it.

Saying that, there was no sign at all that we'd come back to draw 3-3, I was already walking down at 1-3, by the time I got down them it was 3-3.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/912672.stm (Christie came on with Kinki).

Wasn't there a Derby v Boro game where we were we won 2-1 with ten men. Wanchope was sent off after throwing a punch at that goon Andy Townsend (missed unfortunately) after townsend went in two footed on Wanchope's chest and didn't even get a warning. Jonathan Hunt (remember him) the scored with a volley in the last minute. 

I remember that was a sensational win due to the injustice of the Townsend foul.

That game stick in the memory 

I can remember being at Bradford in the Prem days under Jim Smith and watching a 4-4 against Jewell's Bradford City .Craig Burley scored 2 pens. Dean Windass put us under pressure with goals . It was a vital relegation battle 6 pointer. Loved it that day

I was there that day. Burley missed a third penalty too. Delap and either Strupar or Daryl Powell with the other goals!

I'm trying to remember us coming back at Elland rd against Leeds big time with Sturridge but just can't remember it. All I remember is big celebrations behind the goal. I think it was 1999 ended up 4-3 to Leeds after we got back to 3-3 Sturridge scored 2

they came back agaisnt us....we were 3-0 up i think jsut before half time and they buried us in the second half and won 4-3....bowyer scored the last one... I remember Surrige aruing with Asanovic over who was taking a penalty because he was on a hat trick i believe.?

Wasn't there a Derby v Boro game where we were we won 2-1 with ten men. Wanchope was sent off after throwing a punch at that goon Andy Townsend (missed unfortunately) after townsend went in two footed on Wanchope's chest and didn't even get a warning. Jonathan Hunt (remember him) the scored with a volley in the last minute. 

I remember that was a sensational win due to the injustice of the Townsend foul.

That's right, great atmosphere that day at Pride Park. Just about the whole stadium was behind the team. BALD EAGLES, BARMY ARMY.

I remember that game, Townsend got booked for the incident. Same game as Gazza was taking the pee at a corner, having a joke and a laugh with us. He put the ball outside the D, we were giving him some stick about it which he laughed about, got a few "you fat bast@rd" to which he shook his belly at, the ref told him to put it back in, which he did but as soon as he turned his back he put it back out, the fans let the ref know, he came over to tell him to put it back but before he could take it he got subbed.

I'm trying to remember us coming back at Elland rd against Leeds big time with Sturridge but just can't remember it. All I remember is big celebrations behind the goal. I think it was 1999 ended up 4-3 to Leeds after we got back to 3-3 Sturridge scored 2

Wrong way round. We went 3-0 up inside 30 minutes, remember there fans baying for blood! Was almost relieved when Bowyer scored to make it 4-3 to them in stoppage time!

Go back to the very first league match Derby County ever played, against Bolton Wanderers in 1888.

We were 3-0 down and came back to win 6-3.

My favourite comeback not mentioned here was beating Newcastle 3-2 around 1983 after being two down, with Bobby Davison scoring two from corners when Kevin Keegan told his defenders that he would mark him. Quality. 

The most topsy turvy game was v Chelsea at home, if I remember rightly we were 2-1 up, went 3-2 down, went 4-3 up with 15 to go and lost 6-4. Great game even though we lost.

Archived