Is that the best Rams come back ever

Curtains

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurs away but perhaps you had to be there, which I was :)

My dad was at that game in the away end. In the footage of the game he reckons you can see him and his mate celebrating behind the goal in the middle of all the spurs fans. I think he's got an over active imagination to be honest because I've never been able to spot it but the youtube footage isn't exactly HD!

My dad was at that game in the away end. In the footage of the game he reckons you can see him and his mate celebrating behind the goal in the middle of all the spurs fans. I think he's got an over active imagination to be honest because I've never been able to spot it but the youtube footage isn't exactly HD!

I remember having to keep very quiet, while trying to develop a Cockney accent for the trip back to St Pancras. They weren't happy!.

I remember having to keep very quiet, while trying to develop a Cockney accent for the trip back to St Pancras. They weren't happy!.

I too maintained a dignified silence back to the train while all the while I was ready to burst with joy.

My favourite comeback not mentioned here was beating Newcastle 3-2 around 1983 after being two down, with Bobby Davison scoring two from corners when Kevin Keegan told his defenders that he would mark him. Quality.

I was there in '83. Threw the ball back to Bobby D when it came over the fence and landed in my lap. He went on to score those 2 goals after so I like to think I played my part. Happy memories

We were 0-3 down to Middlesbrough once, think we bought on either Christie or Strupar with Kinkladze at 0-3 down. Came back to draw 3-3 with around 20 minutes to go.

Weird how some games you just know you can get back in it, and others it's a dead loss. That game against 'boro, you just knew as soon as Kinki and Strupar/Christie came on we'd get back in it.

Saying that, there was no sign at all that we'd come back to draw 3-3, I was already walking down at 1-3, by the time I got down them it was 3-3.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/912672.stm (Christie came on with Kinki).

Remember that game well, also had a goal disallowed too

We once drew 5-5 away to Brum.

Yes, Durban bagged a hat-trick that day iirc. A few months earlier we beat the same outfit 5-3 at the BBG.

Wrong way round. We went 3-0 up inside 30 minutes, remember there fans baying for blood! Was almost relieved when Bowyer scored to make it 4-3 to them in stoppage time!

I can still remember which roundabout I was driving round when they scored the winner. Tried to avoid it since. Painful memories.

Remember 96/97 season FA Cup 5th round against Coventry City 2-0 down after 15 minutes and come back to win 3-2 think Sturridge bagged a couple? That was the year a FA Cup Final place was there for the taking!

3-3 mate, two Derby goals right at the death!

Remember that game for 2 reasons:-

1 - The great comeback

2 - In a drunken state running on the pitch to celebrate with Christie before getting rugby tackled by a woman steward and being arrested, much to my friends delight

I was gonna say the sheff wed game, weren't we 3-1 down in 90th minute? I think the manner and shift in performance style over the two halves makes last night the best I can remember!

Christie even missed one right at the end to nick it 4-3. Great fightback that one!

Archived