Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

reading that i feel sick...... maybe 'i speak english with a dutch accent' but pulis/warnock/mcleish !!, and wtf - di canio ???

Well it seems to me that many on this board wanted exactly this. Personally I feel very very deflated. I strongly suspect it will be Tony Pulis. Can his teams play any other way than what we experienced with Stoke City? Personally I don't know but all you Clough haters are probably going to reap exactly what you sow.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i suppose the board felt that whilst clough was doing the job of ridding us of the overpaid feckless players and getting in cheaper triers everything was ok.

but the appointment of rush and the 'top six' aim changed the landscape.

can we honestly say we look like a top 6 team?

(can you really say anything in football surprises you?)

Well it seems to me that many on this board wanted exactly this. Personally I feel very very deflated. I strongly suspect it will be Tony Pulis. Can his teams play any other way than what we experienced with Stoke City? Personally I don't know but all you Clough haters are probably going to reap exactly what you sow.

I dont hate Clough I dont even know the guy. i do know that my opinion of him has been vindicated by the board removing him this evening though.

Quite simply am more and more disgusted. If Pulis is appointed and he was sat there watching Nigel in the stands as he took charge of his last game here I will be taking a hiatus from DCFC while this board are there.

There's business, there's football and then there's been a person and they ******* fail on every one if that's the case.

Not sure what I think about this yet.

The last week or so certainly hasn't helped Nigel's cause though. An attack bolstered over the summer alternating between Jeykll & Hyde performances, coupled with a defense that many felt was deficient, and has proven to be so in the last 3/4 games.

It's a shame, but I'm sorry to say that it's probably been coming. The board should probably not absolve themselves of all blame either though. Irrespective of who comes in, they're probably going to need more support, financially, than has been afforded to Nigel if they're really going to "take us to the next level".

Of that list - it's probably going to be Pulis. I could live with that, but I seriously worry that the football will suffer for the sake of results. If we got Di Canio, Colin or McLeish, the next level would presumably be a lower one than we're currently at.....

Why is everyone so shocked by this decision?  All the vitriol at the start of the season about challenging for promotion (not from Nigel but from his players - he would not have that degree of passion).  Lost 3 times in eight days, not won at home all season and the worst looking defense in Derby history.  

A really nice man and a cracking player (mainly for Forest!!!) but where is all this rubbish from.  The man said in an interview before today's game that he would settle for a 0 - 0 completely sums the guy up - he has lived in the East Midlands all his life so he knows what the game means!!!  He has never stated his ambition for the club and seemed chuffed to bits with moving no where last season.

Have we become so accustom to mediocrity that we are actually upset about this?

Out of all the managers out there, I would choose Martin O'Neill without a shadow of doubt - even over an Igor / Ace joint ticket. The trouble is, whoever is going to come in is going to be asked to work within the sort of tight budget Clough had to operate with - so that means that it's going to be one of those already mentioned from the park bench.

A sad day indeed.

Too right Eddie - the lowest bidder wins.

I dont hate Clough I dont even know the guy. i do know that my opinion of him has been vindicated by the board removing him this evening though.

Your opinion will only be vindicated if they give the same resources to the next manager and he does better.

Pulis, Warnock, Di Canio ? We are screwed.

I think if you were to look at every managerial departure over the last 10 years, look who the bookies linked in the first few days (nevermind the first few hours!) and who eventually came in as the replacement you'd see that the bookies know pretty much **** all.

I really don't know why people get their knickers in a twist about bookmakers, but they do it all the time whether it's odds on promotion/relegation or managerial changes, It drives me mad when I see people making opinions based on bookmakers trolling for easy money from idiots.

Pulis is on the list purely because he was at the game, Mcleish, McLaren purrely because they used to be at Forest - it's not based on a ******* trace of inside knowledge.

Well I am totally stunned. He took over a massive mess and built a club in to a stronger position. Helped create an academy that many youngsters want to be part of. What will happen to that now.

The majority of users of this forum have now got there wish. Now you can all move onto the next manager and start to berate him as well

Archived