Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

really sad about this, the man has worked miracles with no resources. can't believe its true, and the timing stinks - saturday night after the forest game. my god, the board have really got to pull something big out of the fire now.

thanks nige and good luck. you desrve better treatment than this

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's Pulis then the board clearly aren't up to scratch. The side has been built to play one way and one way only. We don't grind out results, we don't play hoofball, we attack. The next few days are crucial, we need a manager that can perfect the way Clough plays, not change the style. The new man will also have to accept that the academy's in top shape and will need to be left well alone. 

Cheers Nige, beer's on me. 

Sad that the dream didnt come true but it's been obvious we were going nowhere with him.

Strange timing, seems like a knee jerk reaction and gives them the satisfaction of seeing him off.

I don't think he deserves that, we weren't that far behind them, just the extra quality at the back.

Keogh/Shackell was his ultimate mistake.

Onwards and upwards.

Don't think it was warranted but to be fair the Clough Out voices were getting louder.

Interesting to see who they've got lined up, it would be a shame if it were Pullis as that would indicate it was done before the game and whatever you think of him as a manager, that would be a harsh way to be treated.

I agree. Would be very harsh. Clough gave it his best shot, in the end that wasn't quite good enough. Bold choice but early enough in the season. Makes me wonder if this isn't a Southampton style decision (Bris would love that, god rest his soul).

Thanks Nigel for your hard work and doing a job few else would do.

I was shocked when i heard just ........ didnt see it coming at all.

While i was not his biggest fan, i thought he had a tough job to do what he was asked to do, cut wages and staff and yet take us forward.... well he's gone, and it willl be very interesting to se who the board bring in, as i would imagine they wil want to add somme payers, which means spending money !!!

Just hearing on SSN the cub saying the search for his successor is already well under way  :o

so maybe win lose or draw he was on his way....... wonder if he kinda knew hence his weird after match comments ?

I hope its Eddie Howe

Archived