Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's sucked out alot of my enthusiasm for the club so I'm pleased he's gone.

Realise the good he's done for the club, but we were going nowhere with him in charge. 

Hope it's not Pulis, but Poyet is never coming, wasnt happy with the amount of money he had to spend at Brighton and that's far more than we've got.

Can see it being Pulis, similar position to where Stoke was when he took over them. 

I am sorry for Clough and hope he is a success in the future. However, I think the timing is about right.

He has had time to build his squad and to be honest it's no better this season than in previous years. Also, it has been blindingly obvious for over a season that our defence isn't strong enough.

He has been too stubborn and inflexible in his planning. He buys players and then says they aren't good enough.

I think we are ready for a new plan now. Let's see who we get and then we can decide. I mean, Southampton went mad when Adkins went, yet they haven't looked back.

There is of course a massive upside to this decision, the board have clearly pulled off a masterstroke.

Now those 10,000 fans who were only staying away cos of Clough, they'll all be back for the Ipswich game. 

Season ticket sales will surely soar as well.

Happy times ahead with 33,010 singing from the rooftops now that the dullard has gone.

Sell out days are here again. Starting Tuesday, no?

I was shocked when i heard just ........ didnt see it coming at all.

While i was not his biggest fan, i thought he had a tough job to do what he was asked to do, cut wages and staff and yet take us forward.... well he's gone, and it willl be very interesting to se who the board bring in, as i would imagine they wil want to add somme payers, which means spending money !!!

Just hearing on SSN the cub saying the search for his successor is already well under way :o

so maybe win lose or draw he was on his way....... wonder if he kinda knew hence his weird after match comments ?

I hope its Eddie Howe

I reckon the players might have known what was coming hence the lack of any sort of passion or urgency to the game

Absolutely gob-smacked... I did wonder why Pulis was in the stands today.

Really sad about the whole thing. I personally agree with the sentiments of the club, I think Clough found himself in the same situation Adkins found himself at Southampton, he has taken the team as far as he can.

Either way, I'll be forever grateful to Nigel for bringing the stability back to the club, sorting out the finances, reducing the wage bill. Best of luck to him. Onwards and upwards.

Warnocks on the list? Then listen up club, I'll be demanding a refund on my ST if that happens.

I shall instead go and sit under that magnificent Clough/Taylor statue.

I'll support any incoming manager including Pulis. But McCleish - f**king no chance, I'd be calling for his head if we won 5-0 on his first match.

Archived