Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am totally stunned. He took over a massive mess and built a club in to a stronger position. Helped create an academy that many youngsters want to be part of. What will happen to that now.

The majority of users of this forum have now got there wish. Now you can all move onto the next manager and start to berate him as well

I think this threads shows the majority of users did not want this. Unless the next manager gets off to a very good start, the fight against the board will begin.

Must admit, sitting here at the airport, I'm surprised by my own reaction after this. I should be elated, I should be excited, maybe I am, but hand on heart, I'm quite gutted. I truly wanted Nigel to be better than he was. Maybe he was a victim of his own loyalty to his coaching staff and might have been successful had he shuffled the pack a little. I acknowledge that Clough nursed the club back to health, now's the time to replace the nurse with the person who'll get us fighting fit. Still feeling a bit weird though.

Im not trying to be a WUM Im making the point maybe poorly that you have to draw the line somewhere, the board will always get criticised when this line gets drawn be it after 1 game or 100 games. Maybe they said to Clough at the start of the season that if youre not in the Top 6 after 9 games youre fired, who knows.

Tony pulis got an average stoke side promoted and competed well in the prem. Stoke are still a prem side. His sacking from there was a total shock too.

Yes he doesn't play pretty football, but what do we want?. I'd say give him a go, a damn site better than the rest of the bookies guesses.

Tin hat on :p

Davros had us playing some of the worst football in living memory, but it was successful, and the crowds went up not down.

Looks like the writing is on the wall, and its pubeless, guess the 10m for Hughes will be his funding for Jan.......

*sighs*

That's a point...the money we will end up getting for Hughes will go to the new boss. So Nigel's hard work will pay of for the new boss. Makes me angry

Archived