Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or ask Southampton fans, or Swansea fans, or West Brom fans.

good comment, it's funny all the people defended cloughy have gone negative and all the fans who wanted him out are all positive.

It was the right time for him to go, we've gone as far as we could of with him. If we are seriously going to mount a sustained challenge at the top over next 18 months than Clough isn't the man.

We've had two years of sorting out the Jewell era, and had two years of mid table mediocracy with no consistently whatsoever. Talk of Tony Pulis tonight, I would welcome him with open arms. Just my opinion!

A genital infestation has never won a league title in Europe. Steeeeve on the other hand has

He also proved himself completely incapable of managing a club at this level with resources far in excess of what he's going to be getting with us. Not only did he NOT do particularly well there, he turned that club into an absolute laughing stock in the process. We've had enough of that **** to last a lifetime.

He also proved himself completely incapable of managing a club at this level with resources far in excess of what he's going to be getting with us. Not only did he NOT do particularly well there, he turned that club into an absolute laughing stock in the process. We've had enough of that **** to last a lifetime.

He had 10 games (just looked it up). Incapable? Not enough time to jump to that conclusion

Right, the ones who know me will obviously know my reaction. 

I have been out all day, trying to forget about the match - phone had died, came back to find this out - threw my phone to the floor, cracked the casing and just sat at the end of my bed in disbelief! 

There is no outstanding candidate, Why on earth do people want people like Di Canio and Poyet? absolute sociopaths that would happily throw this club under the bus, at any hope of a better placed club?

I would be reasonably satisfied with Pulis, the science behind his game is on point and would work successfully in this division - but we're a completely different built up side to his usual. Maybe he wants an 'image' change from the Stoke rugby side days? I don't know - but even when they played well, it was said they didn't.

What I will say in the short term, is a massive thank you to Nigel Clough - you've done incredibly, and hope he can go on to do great, great things! A derby manager, and in my lifetime a sacking has never felt so fresh, and sour. So disappointed, beyond words. 

Spot on Ambitious. 

If we don't finish in the top six this season, the board, investors, Rush and whoever else involved need to walk.

I hope they realise what they've done, thinking about it, it's hilarious, they've really shot themselves in the foot if we don't get somebody in who takes us up or has a good go at it.

The rams are going up, the rams are going up....

Pathetic.

Spot on Ambitious. 

If we don't finish in the top six this season, the board, investors, Rush and whoever else involved need to walk.

I hope they realise what they've done, thinking about it, it's hilarious, they've really shot themselves in the foot if we don't get somebody in who takes us up or has a good go at it.

The rams are going up, the rams are going up....

Pathetic.

they have been patient enough with their investment and now they want results. it is starting to sound like they have been promised a top 6 finish like we have, although it is pretty difficult when you have already lost to four of the teams in it!

absoulutely and completely pointless decision that wil see us go mfdown hill rapidly. shame on the club and makes the whole season completely worthless now. will bve lucky to stay up at this point. sorrhy, but very depressed and cant see where this will lead to anything but an unhappy place. cloughs team and and with no reasonable level of financial back up i just cant see how much better he could have done, completely ridiculous.

what next di canio for ffk;s sake!

I dont understand what the big issue is with the board sacking Clough they obviously think hes underperforming so just like in any walk of life they get rid. Whats so alien about that? And whatever people think its the boards opinion that counts theyre the ones covering 7 million quid of debt every year.

Archived