Is Lee Grant good enough !

twinthe_12

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Grant is a good keeper. He is better than Fielding and Lego so end of. We have an attacking minded side, take a look at our squad. I don't expect us to play for a 1-0 win in any game and therefor we will concede goals, more than people will perhaps like but we will score plenty. 

Lee Grant has started well this season, he hasn't had too much to do but overall his performances have been of good quality, Burnley and Bolton aside, he has performed well.

Lego, and Fielding are also good keepers, although Fielding is conceding a LOT of goals in league one and Bristol are in the bottom 3! with their squad, shouldn't happen!! 

We've not seen a lot of Grant in honesty, so don't know how anyone can make this judgement. 

I'm dissapointed about his play in goal this season.

His play has been usecure in holding the balls and too many goals has slipped through because of him

Do you think we should find anoher keeper or should we let Adam Legzdins or Saul Deeney get a chance ?

Hi Saul, welcome to the forum!

I'm dissapointed about his play in goal this season.

His play has been usecure in holding the balls and too many goals has slipped through because of him

Do you think we should find anoher keeper or should we let Adam Legzdins or Saul Deeney get a chance ?

How many goals do you think have slipped through because of him out of interest?

Was quite prepared to take the post as serious until I saw that you thought Deeney should be given a chance.

Lee Grant has performed well and I feel much more confident with him between the sticks. One glaring error so far against Bolton in bad conditions but let's ignore all the other saves he made that night eh? 

If he'd been losing games for us, dropping clangers every other game etc then I'd be thinking the same but he's hardly put a foot wrong. Much better on crosses/corners than Legz. Great shot stopper and good distribution. I think 7 games and 1 error is abit hasty to make such a thread, pretty aimless and pointless. Wouldn't be DCFC if we didn't moan about something though!  :rolleyes:

Ridiculous, the same thread has been started on DC mad and what a shock they have all jumped on the Lee Grant isn't good enough bandwagon.

As Derby fans do we always have to have 1 player in the team that we jeer and boo? It must be a toss up between Fozzy and Grant at the minute.

Some of our fans are quite sad. It just takes one poor moment to give them a boost and out they come! The only way ahead from now on is to make sure that we let no more goals in and score with every shot. Sounds reasonable to me - there's no place for people who make mistakes at our Club. It's never happened before ; - )

Yes he's good enough. I rated Fielding too though.

Our keeper isn't a problem at all and I can't believe it's being questioned. I'm not sure what else people want from our keeper? Do you think we should be asking Spurs for Lloris?

He's a very good keeper for this league and for us. I move this trial be dismissed due to a lack of evidence.

Archived