Derby County v Burnley

Alph

You should check out the highlights of the game. Clough was right about Freeman, I'm don't agree with the way he went about 'punishing' Freeman, but Freeman was at fault for the first two. That said Buxton was also at fault for the first and Keogh for the second.

As you say though, Buxton NEEDS to be doing better for the first, freeman was poor - no doubting that, but was better than both keogh and buxton today, no doubt.

Keogh and Buxton were horrendous today, hopefully management will wake up and bring in someone to cover/competition we definitely need something. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the highlights, not impressive. One thing did strike me, on Shackell's goal, Buxton didn't exactly throw himself at the block, more a half hearted turn of his back.  Not what I expected from the man who would put his life on the line normally. Keogh just seemed to vanish for the second goal. Then again, so short and pointless were those "highlights" tricky to form any opinion.

If Clough was to moan at anyone, he should be demanding more from his captain.

No plan B, at 2-0 and even 3-0 down we continued to play the same way as for the full 90. Why not chuck Sammon on with Russell and Martin, or move Hughes into the hole behind the forwards? Or Ward for that matter? We seem to want to try and play slow build up and ball retention and most of our attacks coming down the channels, but majority of the time we had no movement in the box, and the ball in was floated and hopeful at best, not clinical and to a target. Thought we got what we deserved and 3-0 even 4-0 was fair. Very lacklustre and just serves to highlight our inability to carry out a plan B when our plan A is tactically out played, same old huff and puff for 90 minutes of tactical nievaty. Mid table at best this season.

Watched the goals.

Bucko done for pace on first

Keogh and Freeman poor communication as to who should head it.

Third goal no one marking at the far post, great finish mind.

Oh we shouldn't have had the penalty anyway.

Gutted poor performance.

On the second grant should have told them to leave it - it was going for a goal kick and when it came back across Grant should have come off his line to gather.

I don't see how anyone can condone NC publicly criticising Freeman.It's like your boss gathering all your workmates, and all the company employees, and anyone else that wants to come along , and then criticising you in front of all of them. It simply isn't the thing to do . Regards the rest, is there anyone else outside of the management team who hasn't believed all pre season that we need a new centre back? Clough himself said that was a position we were looking to strengthen. Has he changed his mind or has he had it changed for him by the finance boys? Hughes was poor today, along with most of the rest . I was in line with the trajectory of the cross for the 2nd goal and ,as soon as it was launched, I said "your ball , Granty". It should have been a routine goalkeeper's collection. A good team is built on a solid defensive foundation so that the midfield and forwards know that, if they nick a goal, there is a good chance of 3 points. We're a long way from that and, personally, I don't have any confidence in our defence. Add to that the fact that we haven't scored a league goal at home so far this season from open play then the signs are not good. I have supported NC through all the criticism but, if we don't have a real go at the top six this season then Cloughies' neck will be on the line and attendances are going to be a serious concern

Personally I would think Cloughs position is wobbly to say the least IMO! As far as attendances go having over. 10'000 no shows for last 2 league games speaks volumes. I haven't renewed my. Season ticket this year, but have been to Fester and Brentford games. The only highlight so far was watching the South Stand boys singing and dancing against Brentford. Quality and a great effort! LNG season ahead

Shocking result, it's another one of those times where you just don't see it coming.

Again it looks like we lack the character to be able to win a game that will place us among the challengers and unless something changes I can also see this season going the way of the last few. We desperately need leadership on the field.

Another weekend starting full of expectation but ending with real disappointment. We're not as good as we thought we were.

My views on the Freeman hammering?

Again radio Derby play a huge role here. It was actually Ed Dawes who said a bit of a tough first half from Freeman who you brought off,  was that down to inexperience?

NIgels answer was "its bad defending, not sure you can put it down to experience, it's just bad defending, i thought he was at fault for both of the goals today"

He pushed a bit further and again Freeman was named as responsible for both goals. Maybe he's nailing freeman a bit much here. Once would probably be enough,

He was asked about the penalty and he said he didn't think it was one. Honest answer.

Dawes left it with a token crawling "unlucky today Nigel" and Nigel came back and said "I don't think we were unlucky but thanks." Honest answer.

The interview itself is not that bad again, what is bad is Ed Dawes then interviewing Forsyth and saying the manager has blamed Freeman, do you think that's fair? Ed do you think that's fair? What the hell could forsyth say?

On top of that the clown didn't even react when Nigel mentioned Hendrick being out for 12 weeks. Not even a flinch or a question about what happened. That's a massive blow to us and Dawes didn't even have the sense to pick up on it in his interview.

Nigel will get a lot of stick for this interview but Ed Dawes is a joke, he hasn't got the balls to ask tough questions to the manager but then he'll create havoc out of an answer to a question he asked.

He's a screaming girls blouse. He's up one week and he's down the next. 

The interview is not that bad, maybe I'm one of these thick skinned people who can take a bit of a dig.

The goals were Freemans fault.

What's he supposed to do? not answer the question, or dive around the answer, if he did that he'd get slated.

What's the ramsplayer interview like? Does he slate him on that as well?

Only a few games into the season and deva vu once again - same inconsistency as previous seasons, same Clough criticising players in public, same awful record against Leicester. Only thing different is promising away record being offset by poor league home record, some gain

I'd criticise players in public aswell, why not? They should listen to it, take it on board and improve on it. When he's questioned in a public interview he's not going to lie or make stuff up is he?...

Anyway, bad result but with a fortnight to get over it, sort it aaaaat and come back fighting. You can't win 'em all.

Ed Dawes is awful. He clearly knows nothing about football never mind being a commentator. Yesterday Ramage explained perfectly clearly why we can win games away but not at home, yet Ed Dawes goes on to ignore this and ask the listeners to ring in and say why there's such a difference...only to be told by Ramage that he's just explained it. Moron.

It seems some people have an issue with Clough replacing Freeman HT with Smith?

I thought the whole idea of having competition for places was things like this. You can't afford to have a poor game because there's somebody hot on your heels. Freeman has done well for us so far but yesterday he was very poor, he's had his chance so now it's time for Smith to be given a crack IMO. It's healthy for the squad.

Massive shame there's nobody pushing Buxton or Keogh.

Archived