Derby County v Burnley

Alph

He won't be the only one Mossy, then there'll be the "we need a quality CB" pish from the usual suspects,ah fook it, I'm out of here, catch you another time mate. 

No he won't be the only one. We beat the worst team in the Championship then Brentfords reserve side and suddenly some people think we're top 6 material. Today shows how far off we are from being that. Bitterly disappointing but somehow not a surprise.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful today, what we were doing for the first goal amazese, must have ran 40 yards with the ball.

Second goal, cross into box not dealt with again!

Third goal, see description for second goal.

Midfield was non existent today, don't think we won a second ball all game today. Never hardly picked up one loose ball, Bryson and Hughes may as well had stayed at home today.

Defending was absolutely shoddy today can't say much more about that. Would never have scored in a brothel today as the forwards were feeding off scraps.

And is it me or who thinks Jamie Ward won't be here for much longer?

That's my moan done ah well onwards and upwards, still love my Derby but feel pretty flat after today, maybe the kick up the ass we needed. Fair play Burnley looked very solid!

Once again, same as the first two home games we were decidedly and clearly second best.

The set up is all wrong with too little width when we go forward and too much space for them when we lose the ball.

On what I've seen so far Johnny Russell isn't as good as Tyson, let alone Theo, and looks a poor signing. I pray there's more to come.

OK, we had three gilt edged chance not including the peno, and missed the lot, but only after a first half hour where they'd comfortably fended us off and taken advantage of our flaky defensive play to be 2 goals up and game effectively over.

We're getting out-thought, out fought and out played at home, and we've played nowt away yet; an unsettled Brighton with a new manager, a lower league side I the cup and a Yeovil team who are probably lucky to be briefly in the Championship.

This season has been billed by many as either a significant top 6 challenge or bust for Nigel. I don't see where that top 6 challenge is coming from, certainly the set up of the side has to change at home to give us half a chance.

I've been staunch in defending him for years, but we're on the wrong lines. If he's not got the ship right by November, it's time to sack him, sell Will, and give the new manager a few million seed money to rebuild us. Again.

Extremely pissed off, and angry Ram.

Awful today, what we were doing for the first goal amazese, must have ran 40 yards with the ball.

Second goal, cross into box not dealt with again!

Third goal, see description for second goal.

Midfield was non existent today, don't think we won a second ball all game today. Never hardly picked up one loose ball, Bryson and Hughes may as well had stayed at home today.

Defending was absolutely shoddy today can't say much more about that. Would never have scored in a brothel today as the forwards were feeding off scraps.

And is it me or who thinks Jamie Ward won't be here for much longer?

That's my moan done ah well onwards and upwards, still love my Derby but feel pretty flat after today, maybe the kick up the ass we needed. Fair play Burnley looked very solid!

Burnley are very average, they came to defend and maybe nick a goal and they ended up getting three.

This will be a regular occurrence this season, teams have figured out that if they are open and try to play against us they will get punished. Our midfield and attack have no answer for teams that put ten men behind the ball and defend.

As Clough said, the performance would have been okay if Burnley didn't score...but we dont have the defense to keep a clean sheet, especially against big strikers up front. Keogh and Buxton were bullied today by two big strong centre forwards. Sammon must run them ragged in training...

Blackburn, Leicester, Burnley

Three teams we haven't a ******* clue how to play against, doesn't surprise me at all we've got one point from nine.

If we'd played Barnsley, Blackpool and Leeds in the first three home games we'd probably be sitting pretty.

Nevertheless, ******* appalling first half display. Thought we were actually decent second half until the penalty miss. 3 good chances missed by Russell.

Pissed off. Claret and blue *****, all teams wearing it can **** off.

Rather than focus on the negatives lets look at the positives, the stats don't look too bad

"E0rewdO" alt="E0rewdO">

Have all the stats we like, we were deficient in one stat, the most important one, the only save Burnley keeper had to make today was the penalty, poor day all round.

this was the big day, £10 a ticket, lets show the supporters how far we have come and get some bums in seats for the remainder of the season. I can't see that happening now.

We should limit the home crowd to 10,000, we play quite well when nobody shows up!

Worst performance I've seen in person.

Buxton, Keogh, Freeman, Coutts and especially Russell (who could have had a very simple hat-trick) should all hang their heads in shame. The rest weren't much better either.

To conclude, *****.

Edit - I'm also seriously concerned about our home form. We may be wonderful away at the minute but I've got this horrible feeling that it'll only be temporary and we'll be left with no form whatsoever. And we've got Reading next at PP :(

Archived