Derby County v Burnley

Alph

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby 2 - 1 Burnley 

FGS - Russell, then Martin brace

Is Martin gonna stick one in his own net me owd ? Or should it be 3-1 ?  ;)

Anyway, Grant will have a blinder against his old club and for that reason I'm going 

Rams 2 Clarets 0

FGS Martin.

So far, whenever I've got excited at the thought of us reallly looking like top 6 candidates, we've come crashing down to earth and it;s not always been against table topping sides.

Burnley looked really good against Bolton on the opening day, it surprised me just how much football they tried to play. The lad up front Danny Ings(sp?) has started really well. I hope we don't think we're going to roll them over just cause Charlie Boy has gone.

Dyche will do his homework on us, a couple of his backroom are ex forest (Loughlan and Woan) and they wont want to lose to Derby, especially not with Nigel in charge. Crosby and Metgod won't want to lose to a side ran by their former less high profile teammates.. Dyche is a really intelligent manager who'll make sure they're really well organised, he'll have them matching us for work rate as well. Throw in Shackell and add the fact we robbed them of Grant into the mix and you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be physical and in our faces. It could get feisty.

Having said all of that.

Derby 4 - Burnley 1.

Russell FGS

No matter about them or about Dyche, I think we're going into the break on fire, they might be lucky to get the nil..

Archived