Derby County v Burnley

Alph

I'd rather someone stick with an opinion instead of changing it every time we lose

that's fair enough, but like someone mentioned earlier, we pay the monies and totally up to them who leave, I left after 75 minutes yesterday because I was totally fed up with the performance, I support the club through thick and thin and rarely leave early if we have a chance to get into the game again.

That said, I think people who leave early from games is a British trait over the years, you never see any games on the continent where people leave early. It's happened for years. But hey each to there own I suppose!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the board came out and said

"Nigel has had money. We're not convinced he's used what he's had wisely. Results aren't what we want. I call it bad management, nothing else just bad management. Maybe he's not up to the task, I don't know."

How many on here would be up in arms about it? I'm not saying they sack him but if they'd said that and kept him in charge would you all be ok with it?

If the board came out and said

"Nigel has had money. We're not convinced he's used what he's had wisely. Results aren't what we want. I call it bad management, nothing else just bad management. Maybe he's not up to the task, I don't know."

How many on here would be up in arms about it? I'm not saying they sack him but if they'd said that and kept him in charge would you all be ok with it?

Action would speak louder than words, I doubt that's happened at any club. But I see your point. Very good hypothetical way of looking at it.

Something else I noticed yesterday was that every corner we had Wardy did that little stand up dink where it has absolutely no pace on it. This only works if the players are charging in from the 18 yard line, which they weren't. They were static about 8 yards out so it would have been very hard for them to make good contact with the ball if Ward picked one of them out.

Something else I noticed yesterday was that every corner we had Wardy did that little stand up dink where it has absolutely no pace on it. This only works if the players are charging in from the 18 yard line, which they weren't. They were static about 8 yards out so it would have been very hard for them to make good contact with the ball if Ward picked one of them out.

Good point. To be honest, we never look remotely like scoring from corners. Every one is headed away by the opposition without so much as a challenge from us. I would like to see us experimenting more, both with short passing movements and a ball cut back to the 18 yard box where the centre halves get taken out of the equation and it becomes more difficult to defend.

My assessment was we started fine and neither team looked like they were going to penetrate.

Then awful defending cost us 2 goals.

They put 10 men behind the ball. We had no plan B to get a way through them.

Got a penalty that we didnt deserve and missed it.

They got a set piece we concede.

Need a better CB and Eustace should be given a go in CDM. Also I would get one of Jacobs Sammon or Davies on earlier to change it.

Funny but its this sort of comment that infuriates me ! You pay the money and you have a right to express your opinion !

Also the frustration stems from years of not improving under Clough - making the same basic mistakes, not being able to defend, being technically naive... its just the same season after season !

Then people need to act if many feel that way. Including when we win.

I see far more reaction to defeats than I do to victory. They find voices to boo a lot easier than to cheer.

I don't like that "I pay my money..." Thing. Are they there to help or not?

As a fan they can help Derby in two ways.

1)support

2)take action against whatever is holding us back.

I've not seen any movement against Clough. Just some moaning.

Some say they have a right to let the team know they aren't happy.

We lost 3-0 at home. I think they know

More surprisingly for me I've not seen much of a movement against the owners / board. I think we've had such criminal owners (Maxwell, 3 amigos) that they're getting away with it in comparison. But they have set a path of mid table mediocrity and the only action, apart from a couple of occasions, has been people have stopped going.

I wonder what will change first - promotion, relegation, the owners / board or the manager?

Don't get this. Clough has been in charge 4 years or so hasn't he? How long does it take to form an opinion?

Couldn't care whether Clough goes or stays for what its worth, totally indifferent.

My only problem with Clough leaving is that I expect to see most the the other staff go with him. It would be a huge disruption to all the good work that has gone into getting the academy to the stage it's at, I mean ffs Nigels brother is chief scout so he's obviously near impossible to fire! 

More surprisingly for me I've not seen much of a movement against the owners / board. I think we've had such criminal owners (Maxwell, 3 amigos) that they're getting away with it in comparison. But they have set a path of mid table mediocrity and the only action, apart from a couple of occasions, has been people have stopped going.

I wonder what will change first - promotion, relegation, the owners / board or the manager?

And here lies the main problem. 

Some fans are fed up with Nige

Some are fed up with the board.

Some feel were heading in the right direction.

Until the majority are in one camp so to speak, then i can't see anything changing except if there is the occurence of a horrifically poor run of games.

Personally i feel Sam Rush is slowly becoming another puppet for the owners. Would love a clear statement on where the Brayford money has gone. 

Let's put it this way. If we beat Millwall, Clough and Rush will be footballing heroes but when we lose we question them. Simples. My stance is the same. I still feel we are improving but I was very unhappy with the result against Burnley and hope it was just a blip.

And here lies the main problem. 

Some fans are fed up with Nige

Some are fed up with the board.

Some feel were heading in the right direction.

Until the majority are in one camp so to speak, then i can't see anything changing except if there is the occurence of a horrifically poor run of games.

Personally i feel Sam Rush is slowly becoming another puppet for the owners. Would love a clear statement on where the Brayford money has gone. 

Sam Rush is employed by the owners, as was Tom Glick, I'm not sure what you expect of him tbh.

The very nature of football forums means that every defeat will be debated to the nth degree. This forum has far more visitors after a loss than it does a win,...we like a good moan! Hull City lost 15 games last season and got automatic promotion, I imagine they had plenty of pessimism on their forums.

Its early days, i think the 12-15 game mark will be the time to judge if we look like having a go at the top 6 or not. 

Sam Rush is employed by the owners, as was Tom Glick, I'm not sure what you expect of him tbh.

The very nature of football forums means that every defeat will be debated to the nth degree. This forum has far more visitors after a loss than it does a win,...we like a good moan! Hull City lost 15 games last season and got automatic promotion, I imagine they had plenty of pessimism on their forums.

Its early days, i think the 12-15 game mark will be the time to judge if we look like having a go at the top 6 or not. 

Not that fussed about the match yesterday pal, ***** performances will come and go.

Considering we started summer seemingly intent on signing a top center back, to finish the transfer window without one, despite a significant income from the Brayford transfer, seems to suggest false promises made my the club. 

Archived