Derby County v Burnley

Alph

After the Brighton game Clough singled Freeman out for praise. The other players worked just as hard as him to get that result, but that damned Clough didn't publicly praise them individually, how worthless must they all have felt, totally unprofessional!

Seriously though, he HAS been very complimentary about Freeman in the media multiple times, you've got to take the rough with the smooth.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems some people have an issue with Clough replacing Freeman HT with Smith?

I thought the whole idea of having competition for places was things like this. You can't afford to have a poor game because there's somebody hot on your heels. Freeman has done well for us so far but yesterday he was very poor, he's had his chance so now it's time for Smith to be given a crack IMO. It's healthy for the squad.

Massive shame there's nobody pushing Buxton or Keogh.

I though he made the change because we were 2-0 down and Smith is better attacking. Didn't bother me, but that's probably because I didn't realise Freeman was at fault for the first two goals.

I wasn't at the game, but watched the goals last night. I cannot see how two goals from moves starting in the centre circle and going through the middle of the pitch, whilst passing three or four other Derby players, can be blamed on the right back. Can someone please explain how in an eleven man team, how the right back is to blame when the ball comes nowhere near his area to defend?

I wasn't at the game, but watched the goals last night. I cannot see how two goals from moves starting in the centre circle and going through the middle of the pitch, whilst passing three or four other Derby players, can be blamed on the right back. Can someone please explain how in an eleven man team, how the right back is to blame when the ball comes nowhere near his area to defend?

The second one is because he headed back across goal

The first one I assum because he either didn't pressure early or because he wasn't around to help Bucko out when the striker ran into the RIGHT corner of our box.

I think we're all puzzled as to why Buxton wasn't called out by Clough with the first 2 goals, Burton chum or not.

Really poor performance yesterday. Looked completely out of ideas and Burnley's plan was so simple. 2 banks of 4 and hitting us on the counter. And we looked 2nd rate.

Getting a centre back for competition more than anything might stop Buxton and Keogh getting complacent.

End of the day, just a bad day at the office. 41 more games to play and this league as we know is mental. Anything can happen.

What really infuriated me yesterday was our fans. Leaving in droves after the 3rd goal went in, shocking. Idiots texting in saying Clough and board out, bore off. One poor result and it's a disaster apparently. No constructive criticism, just moaning bull poo with no substance to the argument,

Ramage was spot on with his comments regarding the way we find it difficult to deal with teams sitting back with 2 banks of 4. We need to find a way of planning to counter that at PP. We should have started the with the fluid diamond because at home, the team needs to be positive. Matching them just came across as nervy and not having the confidence to play our football.

Anyway onwards and upwards, 41 games to go. Time to moan at England :D

Really poor performance yesterday. Looked completely out of ideas and Burnley's plan was so simple. 2 banks of 4 and hitting us on the counter. And we looked 2nd rate.

Getting a centre back for competition more than anything might stop Buxton and Keogh getting complacent.

End of the day, just a bad day at the office. 41 more games to play and this league as we know is mental. Anything can happen.

What really infuriated me yesterday was our fans. Leaving in droves after the 3rd goal went in, shocking. Idiots texting in saying Clough and board out, bore off. One poor result and it's a disaster apparently. No constructive criticism, just moaning bull poo with no substance to the argument,

Ramage was spot on with his comments regarding the way we find it difficult to deal with teams sitting back with 2 banks of 4. We need to find a way of planning to counter that at PP. We should have started the with the fluid diamond because at home, the team needs to be positive. Matching them just came across as nervy and not having the confidence to play our football.

Anyway onwards and upwards, 41 games to go. Time to moan at England :D

Funny but its this sort of comment that infuriates me ! You pay the money and you have a right to express your opinion !

Also the frustration stems from years of not improving under Clough - making the same basic mistakes, not being able to defend, being technically naive... its just the same season after season !

Funny but its this sort of comment that infuriates me ! You pay the money and you have a right to express your opinion !

Also the frustration stems from years of not improving under Clough - making the same basic mistakes, not being able to defend, being technically naive... its just the same season after season !

If you pay your money, I think in football you need to support the team through thick and thin. Yes we pay our hard earned wages to watch Derby County, but we aren't going to win every game and we'll get results like yesterday, which was hard to take. It's people who'll praise the manager when we win and slag him off when we don't that gets under my skin. 

People don't express their anti Clough comments when things are going well.

If you pay your money, I think in football you need to support the team through thick and thin. Yes we pay our hard earned wages to watch Derby County, but we aren't going to win every game and we'll get results like yesterday, which was hard to take. It's people who'll praise the manager when we win and slag him off when we don't that gets under my skin. 

People don't express their anti Clough comments when things are going well.

i thought it was nigle that makes the decisions on the field when he makes a mess of it he should know

Don't get this. Clough has been in charge 4 years or so hasn't he? How long does it take to form an opinion?

Couldn't care whether Clough goes or stays for what its worth, totally indifferent.

i thought it was nigle that makes the decisions on the field when he makes a mess of it he should know

My guess is that he knows. My guess is that he also knows we're not a Top 6 team although he's not going to admit that.

Plenty of booing to be done this season by the looks of it. We 're in the "Second Division" of this League, about 8th- 12th finish in my view. I've thought that all along with this squad. I'm not sure I understand why so many think we're better than that to be honest.

Throw in a quality Centre Half and Right Sided Midfield player, known quality, about £1.5m each, and we start to move on. Until then, we are what we are. £3m anyone?

Don't get this. Clough has been in charge 4 years or so hasn't he? How long does it take to form an opinion?

Couldn't care whether Clough goes or stays for what its worth, totally indifferent.

I'd rather someone stick with an opinion instead of changing it every time we lose

Archived