Will Hughes January transfer window 2013 rumours

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's inevitable Shab, the chance to work with quality international players, the wages, the busy agents turning his head, no matter how much he might love the club, somebody like City can sort him out for life and he's going to take the opportunity and good luck to him.

I just hope he doesn't go to City....I hate them. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Glick will know the clubs wage infrastructure inside out, so if this is true, so with them subsidising the wages, it wouldn't surprise me. £6 million + 1 or 2 good loan signings, a centre back and a centre mid to replace him until the end of the season would be great! With a replacement for Hughes and the return on Barker next season (hopefully), and a couple of £2 or 3 million of that 6 million to spend, i'd imagine we'd be a much better squad than now.

It is inevitable the lad is going to go in the near future. I say we create a bidding war between Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and Barcelona 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> and sell to whoever gives us the best cash/player combo.

Even though it pains me to say I would do it this transfer window as you can drive a higher price (panic buying), its no use saying he would be more value in the summer as he could easily pick up an injury.

It is inevitable the lad is going to go in the near future. I say we create a bidding war between Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and Barcelona 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> and sell to whoever gives us the best cash/player combo.

Even though it pains me to say I would do it this transfer window as you can drive a higher price (panic buying), its no use saying he would be more value in the summer as he could easily pick up an injury.

He's already got an injury! I'd keep him for as long as possible, he'll keep developing and getting better, he's still under contract for another 2 and half years so we should be alright for another 18 months before we start trying to flog him! Palace keeping hold of Zaha for an extra year or so increased his value massively, a couple of years ago there were figures of 3 or 4 million, and now theres figures of 12-15 million. You never know, give it another year and Will's value could be closer to £10 million than £ 6 million

I'd like to keep Hughes but I have to say if the speculation in the papers today about us demanding £10m and Manchester City willing to spend £6-7m is correct, I struggle to see how can we resist.

Although it seems clear that Hughes is content and would like to continue his development here, I'm really not sure how stable we are financially to allow Clough the opportunity to nurture the player for another year or two.

In an ideal world, Hughes' future would be here. How we would love for him to realise his ambitions of playing for England and playing in the Premier League with us. Then, sure we'd be talking £15 million and beyond. But realistically that could be two, three, four maybe even five years away.

When developing such a precocious talent, having that time to nurture the player during their formative years is a real luxury. A luxury our financial position may not be able to afford us.

I think it could well be a case of striking while the iron is hot. £7 million is not be sniffed at. But time will tell.

Interesting one. I know it's all hypothetical but:-

£10 million (supposedly) we want.

Potentially being £6 million and 1-2 players 'loaned'.

Which would I choose if we had to sell? I'd hold out for the £10 million.

1-2 loaners for the season gives us no long term solution. That extra £4 mill could find us some significant players that would be ours for a long time after the year of loans is over. Replace hughes add depth etc.

Then the £6 mill you have you pay off some of the right debt, probably at least £3 million. Use the other £3 mill to supplement your £4 million.

If not, you've only realistically got a £3 million kitty to buy a replacement for Huges and strengthen.

Don't you just love playing at being a football manager or chairman:-)

problem is the two loans would have no wages for a whole season. however if we had that extra 4 million that would need to cover the wages of the bought players as well as the transfer fee. so at derby a big signing would have 10k plus a week that's 500,000 a year x2 players that's 1 million if they are both on contracts longer than one year (obviously) then we would have to consider the perms and combs.

it's really a gamble as to wether the two loan players we would get would get us promoted??

Wills not going anywhere! He wants to stay until the end of the season at least. So the worst that happens is that he'll come back on loan to us. Plus he wants to move to Liverpool because thats who he supports..

If an offer comes in, Derby can accept it but its up to Will if he wants to go.

Glick will know the clubs wage infrastructure inside out, so if this is true, so with them subsidising the wages, it wouldn't surprise me. £6 million + 1 or 2 good loan signings, a centre back and a centre mid to replace him until the end of the season would be great! With a replacement for Hughes and the return on Barker next season (hopefully), and a couple of £2 or 3 million of that 6 million to spend, i'd imagine we'd be a much better squad than now.

Good theories on Glick. Regardless of any potential Hughes deal, City are a perfect club to get involved with in the shady loan market. Loads of decent players hardly getting any first team football. Send them our way, pay their wages and everyone's a winner. Come on Glick, come up with the goods!

Archived