Will Hughes January transfer window 2013 rumours

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The roles that Doyle, Davies, Tyson and Bailey make are little to none, replacing them with even two players, that would be first team regulars and improve the team in general would only be a good thing, and mean they players on the bench (i.e. current first team regulars) would make our bench considerably stronger, considering as it is fairly poor at the moment.

As Hughes is one being replaced in the original scenario,then only one current first team regular would 'strengthen' the bench.Even at that,there are some who would argue that Tyson should be in the team,presumably at the expense of a player you think would strengthen the bench.Even if what you said were 100% accurate,you can't just survive (without a lot of luck) with the team and a bench.We already have a small squad by NPC standards and your proposal would decrease numbers.

As Hughes is one being replaced in the original scenario,then only one current first team regular would 'strengthen' the bench.Even at that,there are some who would argue that Tyson should be in the team,presumably at the expense of a player you think would strengthen the bench.Even if what you said were 100% accurate,you can't just survive (without a lot of luck) with the team and a bench.We already have a small squad by NPC standards and your proposal would decrease numbers.

A first team squad of

Legzdins

Brayford Keogh O'Brien Roberts

Coutts *New* Bryson Jacobs

*New* Sammon

Bench

Fielding

O'Connor

Freeman

Robinson

Ward

Hendrick

Gjokaj

Still leaving the likes of Buxton and Barker to return

And then Bennett, Hoganson and Naylor as back-up if required.

That would give us a squad of 22, which is pretty much what the manager wants, and if the reports of Liam Kelly are to believed, that would mean him coming in for nothing in the summer, Hughes leaving for a substantial fee, and getting a replacement.

If Tyson, Davies, Doyle and Bailey were all to leave which they will over the next 7 months or so, and with the addition of 1 or 2 free transfers (i.e. Liam Kelly) and a few 'barker type fees' for a left back and a striker, then our team would be much better than if Hughes stayed.

Clough on RD said that we cluld potentially lose one or two of the fringe players without needing to teplace but anymore than that then funfs willl be available for loans or whatever. but no intetest in fringe players like Davies or Tyson

Also that Bailey may be a loan with permanent at end if the season

I've read in a few places that Fulham are first in line to try and grab Hughes, but I reckon somebody ought to tell their fans because I've trawled a few of their forums and I can't find one reference to them wanting him.

A first team squad of

Legzdins

Brayford Keogh O'Brien Roberts

Coutts *New* Bryson Jacobs

*New* Sammon

Bench

Fielding

O'Connor

Freeman

Robinson

Ward

Hendrick

Gjokaj

Still leaving the likes of Buxton and Barker to return

And then Bennett, Hoganson and Naylor as back-up if required.

That would give us a squad of 22, which is pretty much what the manager wants, and if the reports of Liam Kelly are to believed, that would mean him coming in for nothing in the summer, Hughes leaving for a substantial fee, and getting a replacement.

If Tyson, Davies, Doyle and Bailey were all to leave which they will over the next 7 months or so, and with the addition of 1 or 2 free transfers (i.e. Liam Kelly) and a few 'barker type fees' for a left back and a striker, then our team would be much better than if Hughes stayed.

Tyson,for instance,might have some say in the matter.As Ward is already here,I don't see your bench as particularly strong,compared to what we could already put out.So we get down to the nitty gritty-can we really get a decent creative midfielder for £5k/week? (certain skills tend to cost a bit extra).If we can't,who's going to provide the openings for your £10k/wk striker (assuming he's any good).I know your post was based on silly money for Hughes,but I can see the possible pitfalls of £4m/£5m.I'd rather build around the known quantity in those circumstances.

Of course you could still wheel and deal around the fringes,whilst retaining Hughes.

In the Daily Mail that we are expecting bids for Hughes, Fielding and Brayford. Again nothing new except speculation regarding Fielding's future. Can only see Fielding leaving, unless silly bids come in for Hughes (£8million + IMO) and Brayford (£2 million + IMO)

Tbh, I wouldn't be mortified if Brayford left now. Freeman was more than solid against Boro and I'd be happy to give him the starting RB spot just to give him a chance. Plus, 1.5/2 mill would allow us to buy a couple of new players. Hughes is the only one I would despair over, unless of course he went for silly (and I'm talking stupid) money.

In the Daily Mail that we are expecting bids for Hughes, Fielding and Brayford. Again nothing new except speculation regarding Fielding's future. Can only see Fielding leaving, unless silly bids come in for Hughes (£8million + IMO) and Brayford (£2 million + IMO)

With rumours of us being interested in Ryan we may well be braced for losing Fielding. Who would be going for him though?

Birmingham still have that clown Buckland dont they

Hang on, with Butland potentially leaving, Brum might just be the club who might be after Fielding. I have heard rumours independent of the Ryan rumour of interest in Fielding... maybe...

Archived