Will Hughes January transfer window 2013 rumours

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally i'd accept any sort of offer around the £6-8m mark, rising to £10m+ based on appearances etc etc, get him loaned back to us for a season or two to help him develop some more, use the money on a more experienced/creative CM aka 'a general', 20+ goal a season striker, replacement LB who is young(ish) with plenty of potential.

just my opinion but everyone's a winner in this instance?

Wouldn't want him back on loan. What advantage does it give us?

We are not going to get promoted this season, so sooner let the current players or someone come in new.

Why bring him back to develop more - it doesn't help us unless we believe as a player he could help mus achieve top 6, but to do that we need investment elsewhere in the playing staff which I don't believe would happen in January.

Martin Jol has fired the first salvo in what could be a fierce January bidding war for Derby midfielder Will Hughes.

The 17 year-old has caused a stir in the Championship this season and has already been called up to the England U-21 squad.

[url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-spurs-ready-1504330]Tottenham and Chelsea are known to be among the clubs interested in signing Hughes , while Arsenal and Liverpool have also been mentioned as possible suitors.

"Believe me, there is probably 10 clubs in the Barclays Premier League having a look at him," said the Fulham boss.

"He is one of these wonderful talents so he is always on lists. If you have a good scouting system, he will always be on the list but we will see." - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-want-to-sign-chelsea-and-tottenham-1505542#.UNrUvHut62Y.twitter

Be a good career move for him Fulham, more chance of getting a game than going to a top clubs reserve team. Might not be the most financial rewarding move for us but I can't see many paying the valuations mentioned on here.

Has the article on thisisderbyshire been mentioned yet?

Fulham boss Martin Jol one of 10 with eyes on Will Hughes

TALENTED midfielder Will Hughes is being closely watched by up to 10 Premier League clubs, according to Fulham boss Martin Jol.

Fulham are monitoring the progress of the 17-year-old Derby County player whose future is the subject of growing speculation with the January transfer window only days away.

Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are also said to be interested in the Academy product, who has started all but one of Derby's 24 League games this season.

Jol has praised the impact made by Hughes.

"Believe me, there are probably 10 clubs in the Barclays Premier League having a look at him," said Jol.

"He is one of these wonderful talents, so he is always on lists.

"If you have a good scouting system, he will always be on the list but we will see."

Central midfielders Mousa Dembele, Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu all left Fulham in the summer and Mahamadou Diarra is soon to head off to the African Nations Cup with Mali.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Fulham-boss-Martin-Jol-10-eyes-Hughes/story-17691095-detail/story.html

If it meant Hughes going, and us signing a John Brayford equivelent left back (£750K), a good replacement midfielder (£1 million), and a quality striker (£2 million) I would be happy with that, we've strengthened the team and makes us a better outfit. As Bris says, however much we love Hughes, he won't single-handedly get us promoted, if he was he'd have the £20 million price tag on him, not the reported £10 million.

If Clough gets half the Hughes money, and is allowed to bring in replacement players, by getting rid of a few no longer playing a part, Doyle, Davies, Tyson, Bailey would accumulatively be on £15,000+, this could be used for a good striker (£10,000) and a centre mid (£5,000) and you've replaced Hughes, added a striker, and still been left with £7 million profit! Thats without any fees we get for the players we could sell!

I obviously wasn't too sharp a few days ago.You realise you've taken 4 players out of a small squad and replaced with 2 so far ?(5 players including Hughes,but then Bailey isn't featuring anyway).

I obviously wasn't too sharp a few days ago.You realise you've taken 4 players out of a small squad and replaced with 2 so far ?(5 players including Hughes,but then Bailey isn't featuring anyway).

The roles that Doyle, Davies, Tyson and Bailey make are little to none, replacing them with even two players, that would be first team regulars and improve the team in general would only be a good thing, and mean they players on the bench (i.e. current first team regulars) would make our bench considerably stronger, considering as it is fairly poor at the moment.

Archived